< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Z8350 keyboard and mouse unresponsive

jerryferguson

This device is running latest Windows 10 updates and works fine for few days and then it stops responding to both the keyboard and the mouse. The only way to get the system back is to shut it down and restart it. This has been going on for several months and I keep hoping that a new Windows update will fix it (magically) but after last week's update it's still not fixed. I have disabled power management for usb devices and hubs so Windows isn't supposed to turn them off to save power. Any other suggestions?

jerryferguson

For what it's worth, I may have fixed this problem. I've disabled power management for usb devices and for the keyboard and mouse. I'm now way past previous interval requiring reboot.

Garfield74

Hi, I just ran into the same problem.
All of a sudden, all my usb devices became unresponsive.

Noting helped but hard boot.
But since I have an additional problem, that my start button (the red one) is unresponsive too) it was a hard work again, to get the unit up and running.

It's always a super big stress when I start the computer, because it never starts, and I have to plug in on and off for ever before finally by chance it boots.

Is there another way to prevent that everything becomes unresponsive, so I don't have to reboot?

This is the warning I found in event manager at the moment when it became unresponsive:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{}
and APPID
{}
to the user DESKTOP\garf SID () from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
Thanks in advance

Garfield74

please refer to the document below to clear CMOS .(no power)
The link of the document : http://www.mediafire.com/file/7owz12msig7ap2j/Z83-F-clean-cmos.pdf/file
Hey Joey
As I said before, I was not able to open the box! It's just not opening!!
I am able to solve software problems, but I am not a manual person, and when I bought this computer, I did not know that I had to be a hobbyist or DIY person.

Yesterday I updated windows to 20H2 hoping that will solve the issues. Lucky enough, the computer restarts correctly during update.
I keep it in sleep mode as long as I can, so that I don't have to restart it.
But what if the USB devices will fail again? :eek:
I am stressed out every morning, not knowing if I will be able to work, depending on if the machine will boot.

Top Bottom