< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Which ssd?

Kestrel418

I recently got the N41-H and overall I am impressed. I'm not a big gamer or perhaps I would not purchase a mini, but I do play Civ 5 and its seamless for these not too demanding graphics, so good on you. I have one question. The installed ssd has two tabs, and the open slot has one. They are marked m.2 and sata respectively, but all the devices I see for sale show two tabs for sata and one for m.2 nvme. I have no argument with what's installed, i just want to know which type of drive to purchase to populate the second slot. I would like to expand the storage with a minimum of fuss. I am woefully behind the times when it comes to modern tech, so please feel free to be blunt and specific, as if for a total newbie. Thanks! --K

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Kestrel418 ,In order to avoid mistakes, I suggest you can give me the picture and mark of the card slot so that I can recommend the type of SSD to you. Thanks for your understanding

Kestrel418

Sorry, I was having so much fun using it that it took me this long to take it apart again... As you can see, the slot marked PCIE has both tabs, which, according to what's for sale out there appears to be actually SATA. The one marked SATA has only one tab: NvME? So, I hope you can tell me which type to buy, and even suggest a brand or several if you like. Something in the .5-1Tb range. Thanks!
K

Attachments

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @Kestrel418 N41-H has two M.2 2280 specification slots. SSD_M2 SATA slot only supports M.2 2280 SATA SSD, SSD_M1 PCIe slot only supports M.2 2280 NVme SSD

Top Bottom