< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Which CPU for H31G ?

LukeD_NC

Thought I'd share this with ya'll that are trying to determine which CPU to use for your H31G builds. (Testing was done on an mITX z390 system with water-cooled with 280MM radiator)

miniuser

Hi, thanks a lot for these results!

I'm surprised how it can be, that CPUs with TDP 65 W have "Max Power Draw" up to 130 W?
Can you please describe "Max Power Draw" and how it was measured? It is safe for H31G power supply?

LukeD_NC

Max Power Draw was taken from HWInfo64.
I would reset the counter just before each benchmark and let it run.

Remember that TDP and Power Draw are two different things.
TDP is how much heat is given off, and Power Draw is how much power is sucked into the device to make it work.
Also the reason a CPU rated @ 65W can suck up to 130W is because ... the 65W rating is at its base clock speed (e.g. for a 9900K cpu this is: 3.6 GHz).
But the moment the CPU boosts to 5GHz it can suck up as much as 130W.

Most motherboards these days are smart enough to limit the power delivery to the CPU so it doesn't trip up the power supply. You can also set it with software like Intel Xtreme Tuning utility (XTU).
But I think selecting the right CPU to go with the H31G will definitely help to lower the noise and keep the device functioning in the right power band for the PSU.
Also keep in mind that these results are on an mITX board with a RTX 3080. With a GPU like the 1550ti the differences in FPS will be much lower.

miniuser

Seems like if you wouldn't load CPU and GPU simultaneously on 100% it's really preferable to select i9-9900.
This is ideal setup, let's say, for programming, autocad and similar.

Macinoid

Thought I'd share this with ya'll that are trying to determine which CPU to use for your H31G builds. (Testing was done on an mITX z390 system with water-cooled with 280MM radiator)

But the real question I would have is, Can we actually put the i9-9900 into our H31G? because if so, i'd buy a new cpu today, let me know thanks?????!!!!!

So any updates, will someone at MINISFORUM respond and let us and me know can I upgrade my current CPU to the i9-9900?!?!?!?!?!

Last edited:
Top Bottom