< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Wake On LAn does not work

ellado

Hello, in my new MinisForum X35G I have tried to activate WAKE ON LAN (WOL) following the normal procedure of other PCs:

1) Configure UEFI / BIOS with:
Boot Wake on Lan enabled.
Fast Boot disabled.

2) Configure the network adapter in Power Manager with:
Allow the computer to turn this device ON
Allow this device to wake the computer ON
Allow only one Magic Packet to reactivate equipment ON

3) Configure the network adapter in Quick Start with:
Enable quick start OFF

I think this should work but I can't even though I have done numerous tests.

I have observed that the network controller that comes with the X35G is the Realtek PCIe GbE Family version 10.32.1206.2018. This controller gives the error "Device Not Initialized (rt 640x64)" although the operation with my ethernet network is correct. I have tried to update the driver with the latest Realtek version 10.047_0319.2021 without the WOL working.

Can you help me ?. Thank you.

ellado

Hi Joey,
I know how WOL works because I have it working on 2 other PCs without problems.
Maybe you should tell me why the network controller gives me the error "Device not started" and, once fixed, see if the WOL works. Thanks for your answer.

ellado

Hello Joey,
I have installed in the X35G the driver (ver. 10.42.526.2020) that you have sent me for the network card and it keeps giving the same problem:

The PCI device \ VEN_10EC & DEV_8168 & SUBSYS_012310EC & REV_15 \ 01000000684CE00000 had a problem starting.

Driver name: oem73.inf
Class GUID: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: rt640x64
Bottom filters:
Top filters:
Problem: 0x15
Problem status: 0x0

The ethernet network works fine but the Wake On Lan still does not work. Is it a hardware problem? Do I have to request a change of the computer? Thank you very much for your help.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Joey,
I have installed in the X35G the driver (ver. 10.42.526.2020) that you have sent me for the network card and it keeps giving the same problem:

The PCI device \ VEN_10EC & DEV_8168 & SUBSYS_012310EC & REV_15 \ 01000000684CE00000 had a problem starting.

Driver name: oem73.inf
Class GUID: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Service: rt640x64
Bottom filters:
Top filters:
Problem: 0x15
Problem status: 0x0

The ethernet network works fine but the Wake On Lan still does not work. Is it a hardware problem? Do I have to request a change of the computer? Thank you very much for your help.
I will view your computer remotely, please reply to my message.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
I suggest you restore the bios settings to the default, and do not change any of the settings. Try the wol function again.

ellado

Sorry, but you have installed the same network driver that you sent me, that is, 10.42.526.2020 (read my message from last Saturday). The driver that you have reinstalled, naturally, still gives the same problem when starting (look in the "Events" tab and you can see it).

I have restored the BIOS settings to the default (I had only changed the WOL) and rebooted the PC. The network controller keeps giving the same error on reboot.

I have prepared the PC so that, if you wish, you can connect with the same ID and password as yesterday.

Thank you.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
I'm very sorry, I can't reach your computer remotely, because I can't understand your system language, so I can't check the specific error situation. I suggest you reinstall the factory system of X35G to restore, and then try the WOL function.
The windows system link : https://www.mediafire.com/file/exg7zp524z0o1km/X35G_64pro2004.rar/file

The USB drive install steps is attach file

In fact, this feature is supported, or you can provide me with more information.

Attachments

ellado

Hello, I have reinstalled the factory system and I have configured windows in English so that you can understand it. Without doing anything else, I have verified that the version of the network driver is 10.32.1206.2018, (an older version than the one we have installed in recent days) but it gives the same problem:

Error: Device not started (rt640x64). Device PCI had a problem starting. Without configuring anything, I have tried the WOL function and of course it does not work. (You can see it in the "Events" tab)

I have left the PC arranged in English so that you can enter it if you wish. The Device ID and the password have changed and I send them to you by private message.

Thank you

joey

Administrator
Staff member
I have checked your PC through a remote connection. Please follow the requirement of wakemeonlan-x64 tool to check the WOL function.
Note: Please remember to bind the mac address of the network card on the router.

Top Bottom