< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Update the EC to support auto power on for U500-H

mpcfan

Thank you, worked great!
However, is there a way to disable "auto power on" again?
I want to use my U500-H differently now and "auto power on" is not suitable any more.
Thanks!

jamidon

I am running Ubuntu 18.04 on this device, is there a way to make it auto power on, either by running the previously attached .zip files or some other way?

jamidon

The instructions as shown in the video are slightly off and ultimately did not work. The differences in what was in the .zip file and the video are:
  • On my U500, the device to use is fs1: not fs3:
  • The file is named V009190925.bin
I downloaded the .zip file, wrote the contents to an NTFS-formatted USB drive, and then was able to boot from the USB. When I ran the application using the command line:

fs1:\> eFuitX64 /u V009190925.bin /faildelay

a smaller screen showed the error:

Wait ACPI OBF time OUT, Please Check again!

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
The instructions as shown in the video are slightly off and ultimately did not work. The differences in what was in the .zip file and the video are:
  • On my U500, the device to use is fs1: not fs3:
  • The file is named V009190925.bin
I downloaded the .zip file, wrote the contents to an NTFS-formatted USB drive, and then was able to boot from the USB. When I ran the application using the command line:

fs1:\> eFuitX64 /u V009190925.bin /faildelay

a smaller screen showed the error:

Wait ACPI OBF time OUT, Please Check again!

Thoughts?
Sorry sir ,The provided UEFI Flash tool(eFuitX64) is incorrect. Does not support this, please login to windows to complete the EC update,I have deleted this file and message,

bzurliene

Is there a way to flash the Auto Power On update by booting from USB? I have pfsense installed and do not want to blow that away and install Windows again just to enable the Auto Power on feature. Please give instructions as to how to accomplish this. The option is not currently available in the Bios settings.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
The method of updating EC only supports the operation under windows, I am very sorry, please understand us, thank you

bzurliene

Does this flash something to the bios or just Windows? If it's the bios then it seems that we should be able to flash that without installing windows.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really sorry, the script we wrote only supports updating EC through windows. Maybe you can find a 2.5inch HDD, install it on the SATA interface of U500-H, and install windows to update EC

Neil McRae

Hello,
Just checking my understanding of this.

I'm using the U500 and powering it off the USB-C from a Dell Monitor. If power is lost I'd like the PC to come on. I've flashed this BIOS and it doesn't seem to work. I'm I understanding this right?

Neil.

thiagomoreira

Hi, the latest file shared April the 18th didn't work for me. The scripts run, it seems it updates the bios, I activated the wakeonlan, but nothing happens when i try to wake on lan.

Ellen

I received my U500-H (B07Y1L7CRR) day-before-yesterday and have been trying to get it to automatically power on. Finally I was allowed access to download these files. The trick may be, after it runs and shuts down, you may notice the power light stays on for a bit. Eventually it starts again (this was my second attempt at updating the bios, I think I didn't let it finish before). Once windows came up, I shut the machine down, unplugged it after the light went out, plugged it in again, and it started up automatically.

Thanks,
Ellen

Top Bottom