< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Update the EC to support auto power on for U500-H

mpcfan

Thank you, worked great!
However, is there a way to disable "auto power on" again?
I want to use my U500-H differently now and "auto power on" is not suitable any more.
Thanks!

jamidon

I am running Ubuntu 18.04 on this device, is there a way to make it auto power on, either by running the previously attached .zip files or some other way?

jamidon

The instructions as shown in the video are slightly off and ultimately did not work. The differences in what was in the .zip file and the video are:
  • On my U500, the device to use is fs1: not fs3:
  • The file is named V009190925.bin
I downloaded the .zip file, wrote the contents to an NTFS-formatted USB drive, and then was able to boot from the USB. When I ran the application using the command line:

fs1:\> eFuitX64 /u V009190925.bin /faildelay

a smaller screen showed the error:

Wait ACPI OBF time OUT, Please Check again!

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
The instructions as shown in the video are slightly off and ultimately did not work. The differences in what was in the .zip file and the video are:
  • On my U500, the device to use is fs1: not fs3:
  • The file is named V009190925.bin
I downloaded the .zip file, wrote the contents to an NTFS-formatted USB drive, and then was able to boot from the USB. When I ran the application using the command line:

fs1:\> eFuitX64 /u V009190925.bin /faildelay

a smaller screen showed the error:

Wait ACPI OBF time OUT, Please Check again!

Thoughts?
Sorry sir ,The provided UEFI Flash tool(eFuitX64) is incorrect. Does not support this, please login to windows to complete the EC update,I have deleted this file and message,

Top Bottom