< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

UM820 will not power up

fbolo

Hi everyone, I'm Fabio, happy owner of a UM820 and a GK41. Unfortunately my UM820 while I was in the office suddenly turned off and never started again. Thinking it was a power supply problem, I borrowed the one from a colleague of mine who has the same model of minipc. Unfortunately, the problem is not the power supply.
I found on this forum the procedures indicated in the post (https://bbs.minisforum.com/threads/will-not-power-up.228/)
Solution:
1. Use the reset hole: It's used to make all hardware reload, a quick solution of "not power on" or "not boot" Press the reset button close to the headphone jack at least thirty second, then disconnect and reconnect the power adapter, reboot it.
2. Replace a power cord with the same specifications as the Mini pc power cord.
3. Disassemble the machine, there is a yellow battery inside, after unplugging, wait 2 minutes, insert, press to boot.

but none of them worked either. I also tried to remove the nvme 2280 disk, the memory but the UM820 does not show signs of life.
Having bought the minipc from Amazon I wanted to know before writing to them if there is any other procedure to follow to see if it is possible to reset the UM820.
Thanks in advance for any possible suggestions. Fabio.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone, I'm Fabio, happy owner of a UM820 and a GK41. Unfortunately my UM820 while I was in the office suddenly turned off and never started again. Thinking it was a power supply problem, I borrowed the one from a colleague of mine who has the same model of minipc. Unfortunately, the problem is not the power supply.
I found on this forum the procedures indicated in the post (https://bbs.minisforum.com/threads/will-not-power-up.228/)
Solution:
1. Use the reset hole: It's used to make all hardware reload, a quick solution of "not power on" or "not boot" Press the reset button close to the headphone jack at least thirty second, then disconnect and reconnect the power adapter, reboot it.
2. Replace a power cord with the same specifications as the Mini pc power cord.
3. Disassemble the machine, there is a yellow battery inside, after unplugging, wait 2 minutes, insert, press to boot.

but none of them worked either. I also tried to remove the nvme 2280 disk, the memory but the UM820 does not show signs of life.
Having bought the minipc from Amazon I wanted to know before writing to them if there is any other procedure to follow to see if it is possible to reset the UM820.
Thanks in advance for any possible suggestions. Fabio.
I checked the link and the post in the link is for Z83. The way to clear CMOS may be different. Please refer to the following methods to clear CMOS recovery.
Please unplug all external devices and power, and use a paper clip to press and hold the reset hole for 30 seconds to clear the CMOS recovery.

Top Bottom