< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

UM700 ethernet connection randomly drops

KLX

Tried new cable, turned off all power savings on adaptor, checking for new drivers on Realtek site now, very intermittent..am I the only one??

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Pls try to reset Ethernet
step :
1. Press Win + X and select "Windows powershell(Admin)".
2. Input "netsh winsock reset" in the pop-up CMD window , and then press Enter;
3. After you press Enter, you will receive the prompt "Successfully reset the Winsock directory, you must restart the computer to complete the reset." Restart your computer at this time, the network can return to normal.

KLX

Will do, I also read disabling all of the energy saving features on the NIC might help, will reset the Winsock and set up a ping test will report back thanks again.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
I suggest you clear the CMOS or reinstall the system to troubleshoot the problem. If it still persists, please let me know.

KLX

Not sure how reinstalling the entire OS will fix a NIC that wont run a gig speed, ( works at 100m) and the second NIC works fine. I leaning towards a hardware issue.

KLX

Wifi seems to work well I have a Cat6 cable connected to the working NIC 1000/1000 (Mbps), sofar so good.

Top Bottom