< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

UM300 display issue/distortion

Bart1981

Recently I replaced my older Intel Nuc with a minisFORUM UM300 mini pc that is connected to the TV through HDMI. On the second day, I noticed that there was occasional short-term interference on the screen (image suddenly consisted of colored snow for a short time, and signal was lost for some time). Unfortunately it was so random that I couldn't capture it on video and thus file a claim with Banggood. Today (day 5) I put in a new SSD and extra RAM and did a clean Windows installation (I was planning to do this anyway, so I didn't do this because of this issue). And there was the problem again. Took another HDMI cable, but this made the problem worse, put the old cable back in and then the image was stable again.

I wonder what could be the problem. Is it a broken video chip? But why is it so random and why can I not revoke it? I'd tried to stress out the gpu by running 3dmark but this didn't revoke the issue. If it is the hdmi cable then why didn't I have problems with this with the Intel nuc? Could it be related to settings? But what kind of setting can cause these kinds of malfunctions, and why does it sometimes work without any issue and then completely random start to distort again?

Here's the video on how the distortion looks like.
[video]

Bart1981

I changed the RGB settings to RGB 4:4:4 studio settings (RGB Limited). At first this looking promising, but in the end, after playing a little game for a short while the problem occured again. And after a reboot the who screen was flashing like crazy.
I also noticed that after the reboot the GPU was constantly switching frequencies while it was just showing the preformace tab in the AMD program. Not shure if this is a significant thing but it's something I noticed. Temperature was around 36 degrees celcius at that time.

Here's an other video of what this bug looks like:

Bart1981

In guess I finally pinpointed the issue, it looks like it was interference caused by the router that was placed literally just 5cm from the UM300. I guess all the cables or wifi signal caused an interference with the video signal.

JSN0

@Bart1981 Good that you found the solution.

I have observed slight stuttering on my displays when someone switches on or off heavy electrical appliances in or near my apartment but I think it's just a problem of my power supply network.

I would also recommend anyone who's having such issue to maintain a good power source for your PC with ample cooling system.

Top Bottom