< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

UM300 bios update (support windows 11)

joey

Administrator
Staff member
The bios of UM300 has been updated, and the updated documents are as follows. Please do not abnormally power off or interrupt during the update.

JSN0

Thanks @joey , the BIOS update works well.

I would like to share the experience with all forum members interested in this topic:

The above document contains MediaFire link to the BIOS update files.

I have just followed the instructions mentioned and it worked fine. However, the dev team has not automated the update process, so please be careful and confirm the commands twice before executing them.

After updating the BIOS, the PC restarted itself and for a while there was black screen and then Minisforum Logo appeared but it again went black. Finally after few more seconds the PC booted to Windows 10.

On checking with Microsoft PC Health tool, it showed that system is not compatible with Windows 11, however WhyNotWin11 tool shows all checks passed.

So, I decide to try and install Windows 11 Preview build through Windows Insider Program using Dev Channel and Windows Update detected the Windows 11 preview.

After successfully booting to Windows 11, I had to install the AMD display drivers again as Graphics Panel showed previous drivers were incompatible.

The Graphics memory is limited to 512MB only.

@joey Is there any way to change Graphics Memory to 2GB?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
The graphics card memory is 2GB under the windows10 system. Because you have installed windows11, windows11 has not been officially released yet. There is no corresponding driver for you, I hope you understand, thank you.

JSN0

The graphics card memory is 2GB under the windows10 system. Because you have installed windows11, windows11 has not been officially released yet. There is no corresponding driver for you, I hope you understand, thank you.
@joey I have seen BIOS of X400 & X300 PC and they have a option to change GPU memory inside their BIOS.

Seeing this, I believe GPU memory allocation is independent of Operating Systems.

Can you check it once with the dev team that why they have allocated only 512MB Graphics Memory to UM300 Mini PC.

nic

To me Speccy gives "2048MB ATI AMD Radeon Vega 6 Graphics (ATI)" under new BIOS.
Same Win10 settings claims not Win11 compatible. PC Health finds TPM 2.0 and says processor not supported but gives green flag.
Now downloading Win11 Insider Preview (Beta channel).

Spike

Thanks for documention et update file.
Can I update the BIOS and continue to work with Windows 10 ? I won't have any trouble ?
Do this new BIOS correct other things, or it is just to support Windows 11 ?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
This BIOS upgrade is mainly to support windows11, of course, it can also be compatible with windows10.

JSN0

Even not possible to install windows
I download windows from the homepage also not possile to install
Can you enter the BIOS using DEL key or can you see bootable devices using F7 key?
If you cannot see any of these options, then the device must have been bricked!

Stefan

Thank you,
I Think it was my fault.
I was in the wrong forum.
My computer is a UM200.
So with the BIOS update I damaged my computer.
Do I have the chance to get the BIOS for the UM200?

Top Bottom