< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

U500-H Power Requirement

Jcorstvet01

I have purchased from Amazon the U500-H Win10 computer for installation in my camper. It will be powered from the camper 12 volt electrical system. On my desk, it works beautifully with the modification that causes it to start when power is applied. Now, i would like a hard answer as to whether it really needs clean conditioned 12 volts or if it will survive on the camper raw 12 volts. I could install a DC-DC converter if its absolutely necessary. I would rather not. Currently the network including three switches, one being PoE+ source all run from the raw 12 with no problem.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hi , The output power requirement is 12 V 3 a , pls use a standard power adapter to avoid unnecessary damage

Jcorstvet01

Please advise the manufacturer and model of the standard power adapter with 12 V automotive input so i might purchase one. Thank you.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,We do not recommend any power adapter to customers, but in fact, as long as its output is 12v3a, it can be used normally.

Last edited:
Top Bottom