< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

U500-H fails to boot W10

Rob625

When I power it up I see the Minisforum splash screen for about 30 seconds, then the BIOS. If I exit the BIOS it comes straight back. I have removed a micro SD card and left only the power, hdmi monitor, and usb keyboard connected.

It was working from when it arrived at the end of May until yesterday, although very occasionally it would go to the BIOS like this. I cycled the power and it booted after a couple of tries; now it won't boot.

boker

Administrator
Staff member
Please enter the BIOS boot menu and set the Windows boot option to the first order.

Rob625

Under FIXED BOOT ORDER Priorities, I have Boot Option #1 set to [Hard Disk]
Under Boot Option Priorities, Boot Option #1 was set to Disabled. I set it to Windows Boot Manager. Then I do Save Changes and Exit.

It comes back to BIOS, and again Boot Option #1 is set to Disabled. I also tried Save Changes and reset, and I get the same.

Rob625

I have now done the clean W10 install per the instructions, first part. I removed the USB flash drive, and at the reboot, it goes to the Aptio Setup Utility. I can't boot Windows.

jmaze1059

If anyone else is having this issue, ensure Hard Disk is set to Boot Option #1 in the "Fixed Boot Order Priorities" menu. Since these computers use the Aptio Setup Utility requiring specification of BIOS Boot Specification, you have to indicate what physical drive the "Hard Disk" boot priority is referencing. On these computers, this setting can be edited all the way at the bottom of the "Boot" tab under "UEFI Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities". By default, this is set to "Disabled". Enable this setting pointing at the drive of choice (i.e Windows Boot Manager). After both these settings are set, the computer should boot the image on the HDD. *Note: The BBS Priorities also need to be set for PxE booting, and occasionally USB flash drives.

Top Bottom