< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

TH50 stuck in BIOS if power up again after power down

Nora

Hi,

My TH50 is close to 2 months old and is installed with a M. 2 NVME 1TB SSD, Windows 11 OS with all drives installed.

I used to power off the power adapter after use. I didn't do so this week. I noticed the first power up after I plugged in the power works just fine. However, if I power down the system, keep the power supply to the TH50, and power up again. I will enter BIOS and stay there. Pressing F4(save&exit) doesn't work. It will come back into BIOS immediately. Interestingly I can boot into Windows if I press F3(optimized default?), then F4.

This is 100% reproducible if I power up again after a power down or hibernation.

My BIOS version: TLTB9 0.16 x64,
Build date and time: 04/06/2022 14:12:52
EC FW Version: 00.08

I have tried to reset the CMOS by removing all external connections, push the reset button for 30 seconds and it didn't resolve the issue.

The dealer has agree to a return and refund. But I like this computer very much for it's small form factor and the lightning 4 support. I hope the problem can be resolved through BIOS update..

Thank you for your help in advance!

Nora

joey

Administrator
Staff member
At present, this bios is the latest, maybe it is caused by poor contact of M.2 SSD. Please try to plug and unplug the M.2 SSD again.

Nora

@joey Thank you for the quick response. I'm not fully agree with you on that it's caused by contact issue. How to explain F3 then F4 in the BIOS can power up into Windows successfully while F4 only will result in stuck in the BIOS, if it's due to the poor contact? Kind not all the behaviors and resolutions are 100% reproducible.

According to my conversation with the dealer's sales agent, this is not an isolated case and have caused many returns. My family loves this computer and we really hope this can be resolved.

I believe you want this to be resolved and the product to be flawless as well. Is it possible for your team to quickly check what F3 performs and might be related to the solution of the issue?

Thanks again
Nora

Last edited:

joey

Administrator
Staff member
If you ruled out bad contacts and SSD failures according to what I said earlier. I suggest you to contact the sales to apply for a replacement, thank you for your understanding

Spike

Could you please tell us the exact model of M2 ssd you used ?
Is there M2 ssd 100% full compatible, I planned to change mine to a 2Tb

Nora

It's a local brand from JD.com, the model is JZ-SSD1T-5, PCIe3.0 four channels. Looks like it has compatibility issue with TH50.

Could you please tell us the exact model of M2 ssd you used ?
Is there M2 ssd 100% full compatible, I planned to change mine to a 2Tb

Top Bottom