< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

TH50 + Manjaro: sound: cannot listen to music with my headphone wired

lily

I installed Manjaro (and tried other distributions with the same result) Live USB and on my second disk.
In both cases I see the speaker icon on my screen striked through
and there is no sound from my headphone
I installed two times: with open source and proprietary drivers with the same result.
Any advice?

Carbon fib'er

Does your audio work in Windows? That would be the first thing to rule out: whether it's hardware or software. If it works in Windows and not in Linux, then a Linux support forum would probably get to the bottom of that (if someone here couldn't help). They'd probably want to see the output of "inxi -Fxxxrza" to see all the info about your system. (You may have to installa package to have the inxi command. Some distros include it. Others don't.).

There's a site to download Windows, but I've never done it. I keep the drive the box comes with, and use a new drive to use Linux. Someone would have to walk you through how to do it, and find your activation key(? assuming it wasn't a barebones machine that didn't come with windows).

Carbon fib'er

Unfortunately, I'm not as much of a Linux expert as I may sound. I googled "intel tiger lake-lp smart sound audio" (from your inxi output). It appears to be a common problem. For example, see https://www.linux.org/threads/solved-no-sound-card-detected.37680/ (where the user found a solution on another forum, and links to that thread from post #5).

You probably need the assistance of the more experienced Linux people you'll find on Manjaro's (et. al.) forums. Here, it probably comes down to "does it work in WIndows? (is it a hardware problem?). If it does, then linux help here is useful but probably not the best place for linux help. (Speaking for my own abilities, anyway).

lily

I tried the suggested changes in de GRUB file. Unfortunately: no result.

I saw in the SOUND settings that my output device is HDMI and I can't change that.
Further: I see in the inxi -Ax that JACK not running. What is the significance of that?

Top Bottom