< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Stuck at MinisForum logo when booting

User2420

Background:
About a month ago I flashed BIOS with version J (not I. not K.), installed Linux Mint Cinnamon, and everything worked OK.
I got busy with other projects and came back to this today.
When I boot, I only get to the MINISFORUM logo and it stays there forever.
The F7 key has no effect. I cannot get into the BIOS.
I have removed power, held the Reset button for 30 seconds, plugged power back in, held power switch until powered off, pressed power until power on but f7 key does nothing. Also tried Delete key but nothing.
I see there is a later version of the BIOS - version K. I would like to install that one and re-install Windows 10.
This is strange. A month ago it worked fine. Now, after nothing changed, it doesn't work :(
I have also tried 2 different USB keyboards, in both USB2 and USB3 ports. F7 still does nothing. Just a MINISFORUM logo on the screen - forever.
I have also tried booting from USB flash drive - no luck.
Any help out there?

Last edited:

Huang

Administrator
Background:
About a month ago I flashed BIOS with version J (not I. not K.), installed Linux Mint Cinnamon, and everything worked OK.
I got busy with other projects and came back to this today.
When I boot, I only get to the MINISFORUM logo and it stays there forever.
The F7 key has no effect. I cannot get into the BIOS.
I have removed power, held the Reset button for 30 seconds, plugged power back in, held power switch until powered off, pressed power until power on but f7 key does nothing. Also tried Delete key but nothing.
I see there is a later version of the BIOS - version K. I would like to install that one and re-install Windows 10.
This is strange. A month ago it worked fine. Now, after nothing changed, it doesn't work :(
I have also tried 2 different USB keyboards, in both USB2 and USB3 ports. F7 still does nothing. Just a MINISFORUM logo on the screen - forever.
I have also tried booting from USB flash drive - no luck.
Any help out there?
It sounds like the keyboard doesn't work, you can try booting without the keyboard and mouse.

User2420

I just now tried booting with only power and HDMI plugged in (no network, no keyboard, no mouse). Still stuck at the MINISFORUM splash screen for 5 minutes so far...

Huang

Administrator
I just now tried booting with only power and HDMI plugged in (no network, no keyboard, no mouse). Still stuck at the MINISFORUM splash screen for 5 minutes so far...
Do you have to change the options in the BIOS, if you are using a Linux system you need to modify the location of the following image:

Huang

Administrator
Chipset-->South Bridge--->LPSS & SCC Configuration--> SCC SDIO Support【ACPI Mode】or 【PCI Mode】

User2420

Wow, you are not understanding the problem.
No matter how I power on, I cannot get past the MINISFORUM splash screen.
I cannot get into BIOS setup. I have tried several keyboards - it's not the keyboard.
I bought 2 of these. Predicting the other one will die like this one.
Expensive lesson learned. Will never purchase a MINISFORUM pc again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huang

Administrator
Wow, you are not understanding the problem.
No matter how I power on, I cannot get past the MINISFORUM splash screen.
I cannot get into BIOS setup. I have tried several keyboards - it's not the keyboard.
I bought 2 of these. Predicting the other one will die like this one.
Expensive lesson learned. Will never purchase a MINISFORUM pc again.
If your device is as described, you can contact Amazon Seller Support to replace a good device with you.

Top Bottom