< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

SSD SA400M8-240G

Francois

Hello,
I put a Kingston SSD SA400M8-240G (SATA 2280) into the GN41.
Everything ok and I was able to initialise and format the ssd by Win10 without problem.
Questions :
1- the ssd is not seen into the bios at the nvme page. Is it normal ????
2- How to copy and boot win 10 with this ssd ? If possible !! and if It's faster than the 64 gb emc ???
3- What about win 11 in this machine ?
Thanks.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
1. This is normal
2. If you need to start the SATA SSD, please set it on the bios
3. Windows 11 is not supported, maybe you can try to bypass the restrictions to install.

Francois

Hello, thanks for the kick reply.
Point 1 : Ok ! strange but why not !!!!
Point 2 : Ok I am working on that point. Main problem is to copy Win10 from eec to SSD....
Point 3 : Microsoft (french edition) told me that may pc is win11 compatible. I am waiting.....
For information : my main modification was to add a 12 cm PC fan (silent one) in top of the case after cuting a big (!!) hole in the top plastic case.
Now the internal temperature is Ok.
Regards from Paris France.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to stress that this may have been a misunderstanding and not a response from the kicker.
1. GN41 uses M.2 2280 SSD, which is impossible to appear on the NVMe page.
2. Regarding copying the system from EMMC to SSD, this works. You can use some tools to achieve this. Such as AOMEI. But I personally prefer to recommend that you reinstall the system to the SSD.
About booting Windows 10, you can select the SSD you need to boot by changing the bios boot options.
3. Regarding the upgrade of Windows 11, maybe you can refer to these videos to install.

Francois

Hello, thanks for the reply !
I shall see later question 2 (transfer win from eec to ssd)...
About question 3 = windows 11, my gn41 (8g/64eec) is fully compatible and I am writing now under win11....
How to do that ?
-load Windows11InstallationAssistant
-ok to lauch it but under administrator rights (important !)
-wait to load and verification........
-and wait at least 1 hour for installation....Win11 pro 21H2 . Needs some update. See later....
Slower than win10.....maybe ??
Good luck !

davidjjj

Thanks Francois for your help! As you stated Windows 11 is supported on Kodlix GN41 - no need to bypass any restrictions.
All the best Dave J

Francois

Hello. At last I had some time left to try to move Win11 from the eec to the SSD. I used HDClone (free version 3). About 35 mn for full copy. After that, just change order of boot in Bios.
Boot time was 50 s and is 20 s now. Win 11 seems a little more nervous but it's not a rocket !!. Have a good day. Francois

Top Bottom