< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Sound through HDMI port

alcasan63

Dear Sir: when I connect the PC using the HDMI port, I see the images but the sound doesn´t work. I would like to have a solution, I acquired the unit for using in TV. Thank you

Huang

Administrator
Dear Sir: when I connect the PC using the HDMI port, I see the images but the sound doesn´t work. I would like to have a solution, I acquired the unit for using in TV. Thank you
What brand of display are you connected to, or are you connected to a TV? Do you have to view the "horn" icon in the lower right corner. Is the audio output using HDMI? If you can't confirm, you can take a picture and send it to me.

coccoliso

It also happens to me after the upgrade from zero to w10 1903.
I installed the drivers and everything works but I have problems with audio hdmi.
Every time I start up for the first time in the audio icon I find the speaker and not the connected hdmi device (a samsung tv).
I have to
1) run the "solve audio problems" menu
2) after the sound check select "No audio listened"
3) PC requires reboot and then I have the hdmi "SAMSUNG" device in the audio icon and everything works.
When I restart it the first time the device is still there, I turn it off and on again the device disappears and I have to re-do the test and installation step 1).

Huang

Administrator
It also happens to me after the upgrade from zero to w10 1903.
I installed the drivers and everything works but I have problems with audio hdmi.
Every time I start up for the first time in the audio icon I find the speaker and not the connected hdmi device (a samsung tv).
I have to
1) run the "solve audio problems" menu
2) after the sound check select "No audio listened"
3) PC requires reboot and then I have the hdmi "SAMSUNG" device in the audio icon and everything works.
When I restart it the first time the device is still there, I turn it off and on again the device disappears and I have to re-do the test and installation step 1).
You can try to install the driver I provided below: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qtccitx3mb8fr32/realtek_i2s_audio_100105864457_x64_713.exe/file

boker

Administrator
Staff member
According to my understanding, DELL S2440l should have no speakers. Please confirm it again.

Top Bottom