< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

[SOLVED] Can't boot Ubuntu 20.10

VMax

Hi, i'm trying to install Ubuntu 20.04 into the Z83-F ; the installation start regulary from a USB key and proceed well till the end of the process but when i reboot the system Ubuntu doesn't start , i just have a black screen.
Can someoune help me please?
Thank you in advance

spikerguy

Hi, i'm trying to install Ubuntu 20.04 into the Z83-F ; the installation start regulary from a USB key and proceed well till the end of the process but when i reboot the system Ubuntu doesn't start , i just have a black screen.
Can someoune help me please?
Thank you in advance
Are you use that the os is installed successfully?

Can you check in the bios what is the first boot drive make sure it is the drive with ubuntu installed.
Try to select it manually and see if it loads.

Next thing you can try is to use live usb of ubuntu and see if you have a fully installed os on the primary drive for this you can use gparted.

Ping me for any further support.

Good luck.

VMax

Hi, what's happen is that i successful install the OS and when i reboot it stuck; i found a solution adding the option "nomodeset" in grub, in this way it regulary start but i think it miss the proprietary video drivers... anyway it boot pretty good.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
It may be caused by your old version of the HDMI port, please try to change to another monitor for testing.

Top Bottom