< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Setting BIOS For Alternative Boot Device

shosome

I have an N3350 Windows machine with AM 2.18.1263 bios. How can I get the bios to recognize other drives than the one that comes with the board? I want to boot from an external USB device and/or the M.2 drive I have installed.

Thanks

boker

Administrator
Staff member
Please confirm whether the SSD specifications you added meet the specifications in the picture.

shosome

I do confirm.

I have a 500GB M.2 2242 SATA SSD card in the M.2 slot formatted with NTFS and Initialized and recognized by Windows as drive D:
Also when I insert my 64GB Samsung FIT Plus thumb drive into the USB port it shows up in Windows as "Samsung USB E:" (formatted as exFAT)

Yet the BIOS does not list either of the above in the boot order.

Thanks for your assistance.

boker

Administrator
Staff member
It can be displayed in the system that the drive is normal. The BIOS is not listed in the boot order because the drive with the system boot file is only displayed in the BIOS ----- BOOT menu.

shosome

I need to start the system from the usb drive, which is bootable and will then be used to clone the original system drive to the m.2; then I want to boot from the m.2. can you assist me in how to do that? (By the way, that is easy in an ASUS motherboard....)

thanks for your help

shosome

I downloaded this software (which claimed to be free) and tried to clone the M.2 drive. It said "Sorry. The clone feature is not available in trial version."

You don't understand what I am saying and trying to do. I already have bootable clone software on the USB drive. How to I set the USB drive to be bootable in the BIOS?

If that is not possible or you do not have another method that will accomplish what I am trying to do, please, please, please, stop wasting both or our times and let me move on to a different product. If that is the case, I need to file a report on Amazon that his product is limited in this way and go on from there.

Thanks for your help

shosome

Sorry to say either or both of us do not have a clue what we are talking about. Thanks for your time. I'm moving on to something that might work.

Top Bottom