< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

RAM capacity on DMAF5 (informational)

twyx

For anyone that's curious... DMAF5 do take up to 64GB RAM. Likely unsupported since AMD's official statement on 3550H is 32GB.

DMAF5 is a great little piece of hardware! Good job Minisforum team!

Attachments

Albulg

I was planning on purchasing some extra RAM for my device... I've bought and inserted RAM a couple of times before but being the wimp I am, I always find it a bit nerve racking... I've been looking at various sticks on Ali Express and would really appreciate any recommendations? I've researched the specs... If people have managed to install 2 x 32GB of Ram let me know and what sticks you bought?

twyx

I *think* I got the Samsung 32GB DDR4 2666MHz (M471A4G43MB1) in my DMAF5. I am unsure why my screenshots showing it as 2400MHz. I took the 64GB from my Thinkpad P53 laptop where it used to have 128GB. My DMAF5 is already put into production as virtualization server running several VMs in K8s environment so I can't just take off my rack. Plus it's not easy to access my P53 laptop as I have to take the keyboard out (On P53 2 DIMMs sits behind keyboard and 2 DIMMs sits in back panel).

I looked back at my Amazon orders I purchased this x4 and it's about the same time I got my P53 laptop. Probably be wise to stick w/ what Minisforum admin suggesting. Good lucks!

Top Bottom