< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Problem with the write speed of a new SSD

Julien

Hi,

I just bought and installed a Samsung 870 QVO 1To and I have some issues in writing.

I did some benchmarks, in reading no problem but in writing it's quite deceptive.

I tried to install Samsung Magician to upload a firmware,
upload drivers...

I really don't know what to do.

I saw some advice to enable AHCI mode but I can't do it in the BIOS, I'm desperate.

Is it a compatibility problem ? or maybe a problem with the SATA cable ?

JC26

Could you try booting Linux to see if the same problems happen there? Then you know if it's an OS issue, or a hardware issue.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

I just bought and installed a Samsung 870 QVO 1To and I have some issues in writing.

I did some benchmarks, in reading no problem but in writing it's quite deceptive.

View attachment 694

I tried to install Samsung Magician to upload a firmware,
upload drivers...

I really don't know what to do.

I saw some advice to enable AHCI mode but I can't do it in the BIOS, I'm desperate.

Is it a compatibility problem ? or maybe a problem with the SATA cable ?
Hi @Julien ,According to your test, the data is abnormal. I suggest you replace other SSD to test. If other SSDs still have the same abnormal data, please let me know.

Julien

Hi @Julien ,According to your test, the data is abnormal. I suggest you replace other SSD to test. If other SSDs still have the same abnormal data, please let me know.
Hi Joey,

I bought a new 1Tb SSD from Kingston (KC 600), the installation did great, but when I did a benchmark, the results were low in writing too

Capture d’écran 2021-06-26 082949.png

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, this may be a problem with the SATA cable. Please contact your dealer to replace the SATA cable.

Goliontus

I have the exact same problem.

I installed a Samsung 870 QVO in my X400 SATA port. The SDD loses connection all the time and is 100% active when it does. Samsung Magician says AHCI is disabled. The BIOS doesn't allow me to enable AHCI. The disk works perfectly as a USB disk.

Please tell me how to enable AHCI in the BIOS.

Thanks

Charles

JDubbedN

I have the exact same problem.

I installed a Samsung 870 QVO in my X400 SATA port. The SDD loses connection all the time and is 100% active when it does. Samsung Magician says AHCI is disabled. The BIOS doesn't allow me to enable AHCI. The disk works perfectly as a USB disk.

Please tell me how to enable AHCI in the BIOS.

Thanks

Charles
@joey How come no response to this post? How does one enable AHCI in the BIOS?

Top Bottom