< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Preloaded OS??

txw

I just received my DMAF5 unit from minisforum. I am brand new to minisforum. I backed the indiegogo funding project for this because I thought a mini Ryzen/Vega product would be a really cool idea. Out of the box, it passed the smoke test (have not run it through any benchmarks yet or even fully set it up ). But... It supposed to have Windows 10 Pro preloaded. It appears to have Win10 Home preloaded.

Did anyone else get Win10 "Home" version of the OS preloaded on their units? Does anybody know how to get this upgraded to Win10 Pro by miniforum?

SolRayz

I ordered a DMAF5 also and am expecting Windows 10 Pro. When following these steps, how do we activate Windows 10 Pro. Does the DMAF5 contain a digital license for Windows 10 Pro? Or do we need to enter a product key?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
DMAF5 is pre-installed with windows 10 home version, if you install other versions of windows, the key will disappear

SolRayz

I just received my DMAF5 unit from minisforum. I am brand new to minisforum. I backed the indiegogo funding project for this because I thought a mini Ryzen/Vega product would be a really cool idea. Out of the box, it passed the smoke test (have not run it through any benchmarks yet or even fully set it up ). But... It supposed to have Windows 10 Pro preloaded. It appears to have Win10 Home preloaded.

Did anyone else get Win10 "Home" version of the OS preloaded on their units? Does anybody know how to get this upgraded to Win10 Pro by miniforum?
How long did it take you to receive you DMAF5?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
I'm very sorry, because the sales channels of DMAF5 are different. We have two versions of the system. The home version is on the indiegogo , and the pro version is sold on the official website. Please understand for the late reply.

bipin

I'm very sorry, because the sales channels of DMAF5 are different. We have two versions of the system. The home version is on the indiegogo , and the pro version is sold on the official website. Please understand for the late reply.
Hey Joey, thanks for the clarification. This finally clears the confusion I had as well.
Is there a way we could buy an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro via MinisForum?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, this upgrade service is not currently available. But I can assist you to upgrade

bipin

Sorry, this upgrade service is not currently available. But I can assist you to upgrade
Nah, that's alright. I will perhaps buy an upgrade directly from MS, and will request more information if needed.
Thanks again for the assistance.

SolRayz

I finally received my DMAF5 today, and I can confirm that mine did come preloaded and activated with Windows 10 Pro, and I ordered from the official website.

Top Bottom