< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Power Button Issues

codys41

My GN41 will not power on via the power button after it has been turned off. The work around I have been using is to completely unplug the device from the power supply, then re-plug in the power supply. After doing this, the power button works again and the device will boot. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Huang

Administrator
My GN41 will not power on via the power button after it has been turned off. The work around I have been using is to completely unplug the device from the power supply, then re-plug in the power supply. After doing this, the power button works again and the device will boot. Is there any way to fix this issue?
This problem has not been resolved yet, and our engineers are positioning the problem.

teleosus

Strange how the first thing I noticed about my unit was the opposite of codys41... it can be turned "on" by the power button but it cannot be properly turned off. One has to use the OS shutdown method or unplug (duh). No big deal, certainly better than it not coming on... but it is not "off" completely either, there is power being drawn both internally and at the usb and network ports... the only way to completely turn it off is to hold the power button in for at least 10 seconds or unplug.... Just my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:

Huang

Administrator
Strange how the first thing I noticed about my unit was the opposite of codys41... it can be turned "on" by the power button but it cannot be properly turned off. One has to use the OS shutdown method or unplug (duh). No big deal, certainly better than it not coming on... but it is not "off" completely either, there is power being drawn both internally and at the usb and network ports... the only way to completely turn it off is to hold the power button in for at least 10 seconds or unplug.... Just my 2 cents worth.
Open the Control Panel
Click on "Power Options"
Click "Select the function of the power button" to open the system settings.
Click "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
Find the shutdown settings, enable Quick Launch, remove the checkmark from the small box in front, and click: Save Changes.
Then try to shut down,

Top Bottom