< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

NoWifi on UM300

kerrywilkinson

It worked a week ago, but now I get "no connections available'when I hover the nouse over the wifi taskbar icon. I'm running the latest intel wifi drivers. I am really stuck here and would appreciate some tech support

Here is my device manager windows capture. The Realtek USB NIC listed is just a slow usb ac adaptor I am using to post this.(I have wii-6 in the house)

8251631493299781.png

Last edited:

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Judging from the picture you provided, it looks like you haven't installed the driver. Please install the driver.

kerrywilkinson

I have tried the latest Intel windows package (v22.7.0)Is there a different one I should use instead?

Note the lack of the AX200 in the dialog below also

joey

Administrator
Staff member
You can try a network reset.
It may also be caused by poor contact of the M.2 network card. You can try to re-plug the M.2 network card to fix it.
Or you can try to replace other M.2 network card.

kerrywilkinson

You can try a network reset.
It may also be caused by poor contact of the M.2 network card. You can try to re-plug the M.2 network card to fix it.
Or you can try to replace other M.2 network card.
Are there any instructions available for doing that?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Network card reset steps:
1. Press Win + X and select "Windows powershell(Admin)".
2. Input "netsh winsock reset" in the pop-up CMD window , and then press Enter;
3. After you press Enter, you will receive the prompt "Successfully reset the Winsock directory, you must restart the computer to complete the reset." Restart your computer at this time, the network can return to normal.

kerrywilkinson

Doing a winsock reset did not help.
At this point I am willing to just install from the original UM300 Win 10 Pro shipping image. I believe that there was one in the support file directory but I no longer see it there, can I get a link to that image please? Thank you. Bumpig this thread could you please post the um300 Win Pro sytem image? I have tried all of the suggestions BOVE AND NONE OF THEM HAVE RESOLVED MY aX2OO wIfI NOT working.

Last edited:

JSN0

I appreciate you trying to help @JSNO but I don.t see any reference to an iso file on that page,@joey?
@kerrywilkinson I don't know why, but Minisforum doesn't provide any .iso files, instead they provide .rar file that too hosted on Mediafire - https://www.mediafire.com/file/v4bs0aeqbgknb4g/WIN10_PRO_20H2_AMD_0324.rar/file (Win 10 PRO)
OR
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b7ase8144300ou6/UM300-Home1909.rar/file (Win 10 HOME)

You just have to extract it on your USB drive and name it as WINPE and you have to press F7 on a restart before Windows can load. You'll be able to see UEFI bootable USB there and once you select it, the installation will be automated, we don't get any option to create partition, so I believe the entire M.2 SSD will be formatted.
If you have any data stored, I recommend you to backup before trying to install Windows.

You can find these instructions in System install step .PDF present on the same page - http://www.mediafire.com/download_repair.php?flag=4&dkey=q2kddhc2vju&qkey=22xwa1eixtxgyyr&ip=195.37.234.237&ref=2

Also, choose the Windows Home or Pro version based on what the PC came pre-installed with.
If the PC came with HOME version and you install the PRO version, the windows would not get activated automatically unless you enter a personal Pro license key.

kerrywilkinson

I have tried everything posted above(including re-seating the card but still no ax200 wireless.

I have repeatedly installed the Win Pro OS (it shows as being activated),when I try to install the 20H2 drivers nothing shows up as a bootable USB drive ,even though I have followed the instructions exactly ( formatted NTFS and using Winpe' volume name.' I believe I am just a few days away from my 90 day warranty expiration. Can I get an RMA for repairs @joey?

Last edited:

joey

Administrator
Staff member
I have tried everything posted above(including re-seating the card but still no ax200 wireless.

I have repeatedly installed the Win Pro OS (it shows as being activated),when I try to install the 20H2 drivers nothing shows up as a bootable USB drive ,even though I have followed the instructions exactly ( formatted NTFS and using Winpe' volume name.' I believe I am just a few days away from my 90 day warranty expiration. Can I get an RMA for repairs @joey?
In fact, the UM300 system on our support page has already integrated the driver, you just need to install the UM300 system according to the System install step document.
If you have anything unclear, you can provide me with a picture and I will assist you to complete it.

kerrywilkinson

In fact, the UM300 system on our support page has already integrated the driver, you just need to install the UM300 system according to the System install step document.
If you have anything unclear, you can provide me with a picture and I will assist you to complete it.
Thanks for the reply, but as I said earlier the system will not detect the flash drive created according to the instructions

Top Bottom