< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Not able to boot GK45

BenWat

My GK45 was not use for about two months. Now it will not boot. ESC/DEL, F7, F9 does not work. I am not able to access any functions. Stops at KODLIX screen then nothing. Please help.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
When the power is off, open the back cover, unplug the RTC battery, and use metal tweezers to short the two pins of the RTC port on the motherboard for 30 seconds to clear the CMOS.

BenWat

When the power is off, open the back cover, unplug the RTC battery, and use metal tweezers to short the two pins of the RTC port on the motherboard for 30 seconds to clear the CMOS.
View attachment 644
I have a GK45 system. It does not look anything like the picture you sent. I do not see any battery on this side of the board. Attached is a picture of the GK45. The upper left corner is a reset switch labeled CLK_CMO; do not see a battery cable. I have tried the reset switch with no change. Other ideas?Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 4.55.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-27 at 4.55.37 PM.png

BenWat

OK, found the battery connector, disconnected it, shorted the pins. Still did not boot.I tried F9 , F12 and F7; tried a bootable USB stick. It appears to try to load from SSD or USB but does not begin execution.

Which function keys does the boot use? How can I get to BIOS?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
You can access the bios by repeatedly pressing the DEL key at boot. Can you show me the pictures.

Top Bottom