< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

No video output on N33 - Either HDMI or VGA

araxara

This is the second unit I got that has no video output. I sent the first one back. When plugged into power the blue LED does not light. Pushing power button causes the LED to light, but no video signal. Can't tell if it's booting up, but after a half hour sitting there, there still is no video. I have tried the 30 sec reset button press, but that does nothing. I tried both HDMI and VGA monitors and tried 2 separate HDMI monitors, with the same result. I've tried plugging in only the HDMI monitor and no peripherals, but still no video. I have used this same setup with another mini PC (Winter Pro) and it works fine. Hopefully I'm just an idiot and there is something that can be done to fix this.

Wen

minisforum developer
Staff member
Plug in the keyboard and press the "CAPS LOCK" key. Will the indicator light?

Wen

minisforum developer
Staff member
Please Check the HDMI cable connection and display settings.
Is the HDMI cable connected to a KVM or other device?

araxara

Please Check the HDMI cable connection and display settings.
Is the HDMI cable connected to a KVM or other device?
The HDMI cable is directly connected to Monitor. Used different HDMI cables with same results and different Monitors with same results. Also, like I mentioned, the same cable and Monitor has been used on a WIntel Pro box and it works. The HDMI Monitor is set to HDMI input. It also detects that there is a "computer" attached, but eventually goes into power saving mode.

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
The results of your troubleshooting show that the N33 can be power-on but not displayed. This kind of problem occurs very rarely. You can contact the Amazon seller to directly return it to me for analysis.

araxara

The results of your troubleshooting show that the N33 can be power-on but not displayed. This kind of problem occurs very rarely. You can contact the Amazon seller to directly return it to me for analysis.
Thank you. I was just worried that this is the second unit that had this problem. I can initiate a return on Amazon. Should I put something in the comment field when I initiate the return so that it will make it back to you? I will have them send another unit in exchange. I hope I don't have this problem again.

renpro

This is the second unit I got that has no video output. I sent the first one back. When plugged into power the blue LED does not light. Pushing power button causes the LED to light, but no video signal. Can't tell if it's booting up, but after a half hour sitting there, there still is no video. I have tried the 30 sec reset button press, but that does nothing. I tried both HDMI and VGA monitors and tried 2 separate HDMI monitors, with the same result. I've tried plugging in only the HDMI monitor and no peripherals, but still no video. I have used this same setup with another mini PC (Winter Pro) and it works fine. Hopefully I'm just an idiot and there is something that can be done to fix this.
I know it has been a year since someone responded to this thread but maybe my response will save somebody time. I own 5 of these units. 2 were not working, 1 had to be replaced. All experienced the same problem; the graphic card goes berserk after heating up. I have worked directly with MinisForum to no avail. After 6-months I decided to do a little research on the web to see if anyone has been able to revive a dead MinisForum N33. I found a few tips but nothing worked attempting to reload the disk image downloaded from the MinisForum support page or install Windows 10 from USB ISO Flash drive.
Finally, I got into the BIOS by clicking on the F7 key continuously on boot. Here is the problem I was having attempting to install Windows from a USB ISO disk. The system never gave me a legacy option to install from a USB Flash drive. UFEI was the only options and downloads could not be installed from the FAT32 formatted device. Here’s how I got the thing working:
  • I tried installing the image file from MinisForum.com support page to no avail.
  • I went to the boot order of the N33 BIOS and disabled all UFEI options 1-4 drives.
  • I set boot order to “first list” and rebooted. Again, pushing F7 on boot and Flash drive connected to USB port I get a menu of options and see the Windows 10 ISO Flash drive as a choice. I select it and Wa-la it loaded Windows 10 v21HC.
  • My first installed failed. Why? On the N33 when Windows 10 reboots on fresh load I had to let the unit reboot up to 4-times with Flash Drive before I could access anything.
  • The newly installed Windows 10 version works great with good speed and I experience NO graphic output problems which is why the unit had stopped working.

dude_A37

i have the same problem, its an older buy, so its out of warranty.

at first i thought it might be a heat issue, so i replaced the thermal pads, 0,5mm gave problems with windows at 75c and the heatsink hot to touch, so i got 1,5mm and that worked like a charm, windows was running 45c ish and heatsink warm to touch stable even under heavy load, but after 5 minutes the graphics goes crazy with artifacts and the whole system freezes up, the only option is to power down by unplugging it.

after that, the pc wont give me any boot, no light on numlock but the usb ports does get power and the blue light is on on the minipc n33.

i cleared cmos, and battery is working fine.

is there an official procedure that needs to happen ? eg. boot with a F1-12 or esc key to set the bios clock ?

but since hdmi wont give me any POST screen and numlock is not responding, i think its still freezing at boot, so something else is wrong ?

i have some data on the internal emmc i would like to have back, any suggestions ?

Last edited:

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Since the internal hard disk of the N33 is the onboard EMMC. If you clear the CMOS and still cannot recover, then there is a high possibility of hardware damage. Please understand that.

dude_A37

just wondering, i dont have a vga cable, is there any change that resetting the cmos, disabled the hdmi.??
UPDATE: found a cable and no dice.

sadly there are no bios beeps. on powerup the blue light turns on for 1 sec then 3sec off and then it turn on solid blue but no response on the keyboard lights for capslock and numlock, i i suspect the thermal pads are not properly making contact or 1.5 is too thick?

is it okay to use thermal paste on these n3350 cpu's ? its an embed chip with no metal plate, like on a normal cpu.

any change its stuck in some kind developer mode (EG TFTP or serial) but that would give screen and also reset to normal by clearing the cmos?

Last edited:
Top Bottom