< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

N42 would not turn on

YT_YT

New Member
Hi,
I purchased the N42. I tested it and it worked. I shut it down and ordered a wireless keyboard. One month later I get the keyboard but the N42 would not turn on.
I tried changing the power cable, the VGA and the HDMI, but nothing. It is dead.
Any ideas?
thanks,
YT
 

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
YT_YT said:
Hi,
I purchased the N42. I tested it and it worked. I shut it down and ordered a wireless keyboard. One month later I get the keyboard but the N42 would not turn on.
I tried changing the power cable, the VGA and the HDMI, but nothing. It is dead.
Any ideas?
thanks,
YT
Dear YT,

Have you seen the power light on?

This phenomenon may be caused by loose memory inside or dirty.

You can open it and open it. Here's how you can download it:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/l7y6yzvp5tpakxs/AP34%25C3%25AF%25C2%25BC%25C2%258CAP42%25C3%25A6%25C2%258B%25C2%2586%25C3%25A6%25C2%259C%25C2% 25BA%25C3%25A6%25C2%2596%25C2%25B9%25C3%25A5%25C2%25BC%25C2%258F.docx/file

Best regards,
Huang
 

tterrill

New Member
MinisForum said:
YT_YT said:
Hi,
I purchased the N42. I tested it and it worked. I shut it down and ordered a wireless keyboard. One month later I get the keyboard but the N42 would not turn on.
I tried changing the power cable, the VGA and the HDMI, but nothing. It is dead.
Any ideas?
thanks,
YT
Dear YT,

Have you seen the power light on?

This phenomenon may be caused by loose memory inside or dirty.

You can open it and open it. Here's how you can download it:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/l7y6yzvp5tpakxs/AP34%25C3%25AF%25C2%25BC%25C2%258CAP42%25C3%25A6%25C2%258B%25C2%2586%25C3%25A6%25C2%259C%25C2% 25BA%25C3%25A6%25C2%2596%25C2%25B9%25C3%25A5%25C2%25BC%25C2%258F.docx/file

Best regards,
Huang
Hi.
I have a similar issue. One of my three units stopped booting up. When I plug in the power cable -- and I have swapped power units with the other two working units -- the blue light goes on for a few seconds and then goes out. I assume something has died in the unit. Is there any solution?

T
 

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
tterrill said:
MinisForum said:
YT_YT said:
Hi,
I purchased the N42. I tested it and it worked. I shut it down and ordered a wireless keyboard. One month later I get the keyboard but the N42 would not turn on.
I tried changing the power cable, the VGA and the HDMI, but nothing. It is dead.
Any ideas?
thanks,
YT
Dear YT,

Have you seen the power light on?

This phenomenon may be caused by loose memory inside or dirty.

You can open it and open it. Here's how you can download it:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/l7y6yzvp5tpakxs/AP34%25C3%25AF%25C2%25BC%25C2%258CAP42%25C3%25A6%25C2%258B%25C2%2586%25C3%25A6%25C2%259C%25C2% 25BA%25C3%25A6%25C2%2596%25C2%25B9%25C3%25A5%25C2%25BC%25C2%258F.docx/file

Best regards,
Huang
Hi.
I have a similar issue. One of my three units stopped booting up. When I plug in the power cable -- and I have swapped power units with the other two working units -- the blue light goes on for a few seconds and then goes out. I assume something has died in the unit. Is there any solution?

T
You can try the following methods:
Un-Plugged PC
Held Reset Button Down (30+ Seconds)
Plugged In PC - Blue LED Lights Immediately (Without Power Button Being Pressed)
Hold Down Power Button (approx 10 seconds) PC Powers Down
Attempt Restart of PC (Press Power Button) Blue LED Lights
Disconnect Internal Battery (2+ Minutes)
Re-Connected Internal Battery
Plugged In PC - Blue LED Lights Immediately (Without Power Button Being Pressed)
Hold Down Power Button (approx 10 seconds) PC Powers Down
Attempt Restart of PC (Press Power Button) Blue LED Lights

Best regards,
Huang
 

Garfield74

New Member
Hi
I have the same problem, when I press the red button, nothing happens, it doesn't turn on.
When I unplug the power cable, and replug, the blue light goes on for a second and turns off again.
I feel desperate, because when I read the answer above, I am perfectly unable to do all that.
It's like Chinese to me. Internal battery?

I already have this problem with the button not working from the beginning. But until now it started when I plugged the power cable. Now, even that is not working.
Please help
 

Garfield74

New Member
Oh and what is the reset button doing?
Deleting everything on my disk? Like back to factory and would have to start from scratch?
Can I save my files before that?
 

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @ Garfield74 please refer the picture below ,When the power is off, open the back cover, unplug the RTC battery, and use metal tweezers to short-circuit the two pins of the RTC port on the motherboard to clear the CMOS
 

Garfield74

New Member
Hello, thanks
But I am not able to open the device I tried but it's just not opening.
I didn't know this was a computer only for computer specialists.

And if ever I was able to get into the belly of the device (maybe I would have to break the cover in pieces), I don't know where I get the kind of tool you show in the pic above and what I am supposed to do with it.
And chances are, I won't be able to put everything together at the end.


In the meantime, my on-off button is not doing anything at all.

Yesterday, after an hour of trying - plugging on and off again and again, it started running, out of the blue.

I would have liked to just put it into sleep mode at the end of the day, but in sleep mode the fan doesn't go to sleep and it makes too much noise.
So, this time, I put it in hibernate mode.
But hibernate mode wasn't any better to restart it this morning. Exact same issue.
It's desperate! ‍♀
 
Top Bottom