< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

N42-D Install RAM HDD M.2 2280 SSD

egraham

I installed 128GB SSD - M.2 2280 NVMe in the SSD slot, but it does not appear under disk management. Shouldn't the SSD shown in attached image work with Kodlix N42-D?

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
egraham said:
I installed 128GB SSD - M.2 2280 NVMe in the SSD slot, but it does not appear under disk management. Shouldn't the SSD shown in attached image work with Kodlix N42-D?
Hello Sir,

You try to unplug the M.2 SSD and check whether the interface is dusty or rubbish. Try to clean the M.2 SSD (insert the M.2 SSD) and screw it in. After powering on or restarting, check the disk management Whether there is a new disk.

Best regards,
Hu

egraham

MinisForum said:
egraham said:
Hello Sir,

You try to unplug the M.2 SSD and check whether the interface is dusty or rubbish. Try to clean the M.2 SSD (insert the M.2 SSD) and screw it in. After powering on or restarting, check the disk management Whether there is a new disk.

Best regards,
Hu
I tried removing the SSD and checking all the interface pins or damage. Nothing looks damaged or dirty. I reinstalled the SSD and it still does not appear in disk management. Should I buy a different SSD to try?

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
egraham said:
MinisForum said:
egraham said:
Hello Sir,

Best regards,
Hu
I tried removing the SSD and checking all the interface pins or damage. Nothing looks damaged or dirty. I reinstalled the SSD and it still does not appear in disk management. Should I buy a different SSD to try?
Hello egraham,

Yes, I think you can try to replace an SSD, M.2 2242 can also try, if unrecognized, I suggest you contact the Amazon seller support, replace a device.

Best regards,
Hu

amcphedrain

Was there ever a solution found for this? I am also having issues with this, I bought two N42-D and installed a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 2280 SSD in each of them and neither of them are showing up in disk management or BIOS. Made sure they were both installed properly. Any idea's on how to get them working?

egraham

amcphedrain said:
Was there ever a solution found for this? I am also having issues with this, I bought two N42-D and installed a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 2280 SSD in each of them and neither of them are showing up in disk management or BIOS. Made sure they were both installed properly. Any idea's on how to get them working?
I never got mine working and returned the SSD. The manufacturer says it should be compatible with PCIe NVMe, but it seems like they maybe they are just wrong? I wonder if they have actually tried one?

amcphedrain

egraham said:
amcphedrain said:
I never got mine working and returned the SSD. The manufacturer says it should be compatible with PCIe NVMe, but it seems like they maybe they are just wrong? I wonder if they have actually tried one?
What a bummer! I hope I don't have to return them, I was hoping maybe there was a BIOS update that would address this but I can't find one anywhere.

egraham

amcphedrain said:
egraham said:
amcphedrain said:
What a bummer! I hope I don't have to return them, I was hoping maybe there was a BIOS update that would address this but I can't find one anywhere.
I wonder if a SATA III M2.2280 SSD would work? Something like this:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147675

andyhood

egraham said:
amcphedrain said:
egraham said:
amcphedrain said:
I wonder if a SATA III M2.2280 SSD would work? Something like this:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147675

Good point for someone (Hu ?) to clear up ..I am assuming the drives are meant to be M.2 Sata Interface, not PCIE interface, on both the 3450 and N42-D (I haven't seen that model but the 3450 Apollo Lake version is a 42mm long card I think and the N42-D an 80mm long one?)

amcphedrain

I think their previous model was M.2 SATA, but this model seems to be designed for the faster M.2 PCIE and everything fits fine. They even have a spot in the BIOS for the NVMe controller, it just doesn't see the drives for whatever reason.

andyhood

egraham said:
MinisForum said:
egraham said:
Hello Sir,

Best regards,
Hu

Hi ..Hu I guess..
Just to clear all this up what is the plug-in SSD interface on a) the 3450 and b) the N42-D, is it SATA or PCIE?
[hr]
MinisForum said:
Sorry, I think I may have posted this question in the worong place before.

Just to clear all this up what is the plug-in SSD interface on a) the 3450 and b) the N42-D (4200) , is it SATA or PCIE?

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
Hello customers,

I provide you with a link to the SSD I tested:
http://www.kingspec.com/products_detail/productId=72.html

I use the KingSpec 512 M.2 2280 SSD and it is fully compatible.

Hu

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
amcphedrain said:
Hello [font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]amcphedrain[/font],

Are you sure that it is fully inserted? Generally inserted into the can be identified.

You can try M.2 (NGFF) SSD to see if it can be identified?

Best regards,
Hu

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
amcphedrain said:
Are you sure that it is fully inserted? Generally inserted into the can be identified.

Best regards,
Hu

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
andyhood said:
egraham said:
MinisForum said:
egraham said:
Hello Sir,

Best regards,
Hu

Hi ..Hu I guess..
Just to clear all this up what is the plug-in SSD interface on a) the 3450 and b) the N42-D, is it SATA or PCIE?
[hr]
MinisForum said:

Just to clear all this up what is the plug-in SSD interface on a) the 3450 and b) the N42-D (4200) , is it SATA or PCIE?
Hello andyhood,

We use the Intel standard and Intel's standard interface is NGFF.
Other types we are also testing further

Best regards,
Hu

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
egraham said:
Hello egraham,

You can try using the M.2 (NGFF) interface, which is what I'm currently testing.

Best regards,
Hu

andyhood

MinisForum said:
andyhood said:
egraham said:
MinisForum said:
egraham said:
Hello Sir,

Best regards,
Hu

Hi ..Hu I guess..
[hr]
MinisForum said:

Hello andyhood,

We use the Intel standard and Intel's standard interface is NGFF.
Other types we are also testing further

Best regards,
Hu

Looking a the card spec then that's a B+M key SATA 3 interface, not PCIE. 
Thanks
[hr]
MinisForum said:
amcphedrain said:

Best regards,
Hu

Hi ..it looks from Hu's reply and referenced card that it is a B+M keyed M.2 SATA 3 6Gb/s interface. and the 960 EVO M.2 is I think a PCIE interface.

Top Bottom