< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

N4020 overheating

bonebraker

hi i bough4 both n40s n4000 and n4020 but the the n4020 runs extremely hot and thermal throttles to the point where the performance of the n4000 is better overall.

this cant be normal right?

i feel like due to the cpu being so new linux and windows have problems regulating the power of this chip.

or is there an updated bios for the n4020 cause if not im about to get my money back and return it. it seems unfinished the n 4020 version. the bios version is identical to the one from the n4000. pls i beg you, optimize the bios to stop these sporadic frequency jumps. im sure you guys set the voltage to high in the bios resulting in this behaviour but this section is locked for users.

Last edited:

bonebraker

ok so i have done further testing. the n4020 pulls 1.205v under full load while the n4000 only 1.175v. thats the reason the n4020 is running so.hot. guys please.give us an option to reduce the core voltage in the bios to undervolt it. there is no need for 1.2volts.

the n4020 refresh uses optimized fabric resulting in achieving more.performance at the same voltage. there is no need for you to let it boost so high. please give me a quick update if you are going to fix it or not, cause i only have a few days left on amazon to refund it.

provide us with a fix or im sadly forced to write a negative review on amazon. i like you guys and your products but this one you severely fucked up big time.

boker

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
For your feedback, we are improving, but the release of the new bios version will take a while.
If you think N4000 is better, in order to save your time, you can first apply for a replacement with Amazon.

bonebraker

ok i will keep the n4000 then. if u got a good price with the bios update in place i might buy the n4020 again. maybe you can offer me a discount for discovering this problem with the voltage regulation.

and how long will it take for the bios to come, i have.time till 25.07.20 to refund it. if u have it rdy till then i will keep both pcs.

boker

Administrator
Staff member
So kind of you, but debugging takes more time, and I can't decide the price. You know...

bonebraker

debugging the problem is done with automated software these days, changing the voltage tables in the bios is just a few mouseclicks in your bios software. so why shouldnt u get the bios patched quickly? im more than happy to be your german producttester since i already own 3 different mini pcs from you guys. i didnt want to be harsh but maybe if u read my earlier posts with your engineer Wen you would see that im interested in understanding and helping making your products better.

since this is my hobby why not include me as a software tester as well as hardware. pls give wen this information. i would also be more than happy to be your beta and alpha tester for the bios.

bonebraker

This is the first time i didnt receive any help regarding this problem. since u guys didkt update.the bios i now refunded the n4020 and.the.n4000.as well. im no longer supporting ur team after ur rude behaviour boker or due to your lack having social skillz. i hope u love it losing 300€ from your paycheck. i aim to inspire more to do so, as the negative reviews about ur chinese spyware products will be also posted with 1 star on amazon. gl bois

Top Bottom