< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Linux Ubuntu 16.04 system is officially compatible, if you need it, you can open this

ierpe

New Member
Hi,

I've installed Lubuntu before reading your post. Is it possible to update the bios from Linux?
 

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
ierpe said:
Hi,

I've installed Lubuntu before reading your post. Is it possible to update the bios from Linux?
Yes, you can update it through the shell.
You can download the documentation for this connection below to see how it is updated:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q36r171v2yfi2y4/Update_BIOS__SOP.docx/file

Best regards,
Huang
 

Linwood

New Member
ierpe said:
I've installed Lubuntu before reading your post. Is it possible to update the bios from Linux?
Check if you need the bios first itself.  The referenced upgrade is version 1.07, dated 3/7/2018. My Z83 came with that version.  in Linux you can check which you have with 

sudo dmicode | more 

and look near the top for version and release date.
 

dan2018

New Member
MinisForum said:
Now some models of Z83 series can support linux system, please contact me if necessary.
Hi,

Do any of these Z83 support Linux (ubuntu) and auto power on (when I plug it in does, it automatically boot which I need)?

https://www.amazon.com/x5-Z8350-Processor-1000Mbps-Fanless-Computer/dp/B075SS1YX4/ref=sr_1_3

https://www.amazon.com/MINIX-NEO-Z83-4-Dual-Band-Technology/dp/B01M24W77N/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

https://www.amazon.com/Z83-W-Fanless-PC-x5-Z8350-Graphics/dp/B07FXL6NLM/ref=sr_1_6

https://www.amazon.com/Beelink-x5-Z8350-Processor-Windows10-Bluetooth/dp/B06XGTC9LH/ref=sr_1_10

If they don't, could you send me a link for a version that does?

Thank you!!
 

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
dan2018 said:
MinisForum said:
Now some models of Z83 series can support linux system, please contact me if necessary.
Hi,

Do any of these Z83 support Linux (ubuntu) and auto power on (when I plug it in does, it automatically boot which I need)?

https://www.amazon.com/x5-Z8350-Processor-1000Mbps-Fanless-Computer/dp/B075SS1YX4/ref=sr_1_3

https://www.amazon.com/MINIX-NEO-Z83-4-Dual-Band-Technology/dp/B01M24W77N/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

https://www.amazon.com/Z83-W-Fanless-PC-x5-Z8350-Graphics/dp/B07FXL6NLM/ref=sr_1_6

https://www.amazon.com/Beelink-x5-Z8350-Processor-Windows10-Bluetooth/dp/B06XGTC9LH/ref=sr_1_10

If they don't, could you send me a link for a version that does?

Thank you!!
The Z83 products in these two links can support:
https://www.amazon.com/x5-Z8350-Processor-1000Mbps-Fanless-Computer/dp/B075SS1YX4/ref=sr_1_3
https://www.amazon.com/Z83-W-Fanless-PC-x5-Z8350-Graphics/dp/B07FXL6NLM/ref=sr_1_6

Best regards,
Huang
 

dan2018

New Member
MinisForum said:
dan2018 said:
MinisForum said:
Now some models of Z83 series can support linux system, please contact me if necessary.
Hi,

Do any of these Z83 support Linux (ubuntu) and auto power on (when I plug it in does, it automatically boot which I need)?

https://www.amazon.com/x5-Z8350-Processor-1000Mbps-Fanless-Computer/dp/B075SS1YX4/ref=sr_1_3

https://www.amazon.com/MINIX-NEO-Z83-4-Dual-Band-Technology/dp/B01M24W77N/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

https://www.amazon.com/Z83-W-Fanless-PC-x5-Z8350-Graphics/dp/B07FXL6NLM/ref=sr_1_6

https://www.amazon.com/Beelink-x5-Z8350-Processor-Windows10-Bluetooth/dp/B06XGTC9LH/ref=sr_1_10

If they don't, could you send me a link for a version that does?

Thank you!!
The Z83 products in these two links can support:
https://www.amazon.com/x5-Z8350-Processor-1000Mbps-Fanless-Computer/dp/B075SS1YX4/ref=sr_1_3
https://www.amazon.com/Z83-W-Fanless-PC-x5-Z8350-Graphics/dp/B07FXL6NLM/ref=sr_1_6

Best regards,
Huang
Thank you!!
 

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
dan2018 said:
MinisForum said:
dan2018 said:
MinisForum said:
Now some models of Z83 series can support linux system, please contact me if necessary.
Hi,

Do any of these Z83 support Linux (ubuntu) and auto power on (when I plug it in does, it automatically boot which I need)?

https://www.amazon.com/x5-Z8350-Processor-1000Mbps-Fanless-Computer/dp/B075SS1YX4/ref=sr_1_3

https://www.amazon.com/MINIX-NEO-Z83-4-Dual-Band-Technology/dp/B01M24W77N/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

https://www.amazon.com/Z83-W-Fanless-PC-x5-Z8350-Graphics/dp/B07FXL6NLM/ref=sr_1_6

https://www.amazon.com/Beelink-x5-Z8350-Processor-Windows10-Bluetooth/dp/B06XGTC9LH/ref=sr_1_10

If they don't, could you send me a link for a version that does?

Thank you!!
The Z83 products in these two links can support:
https://www.amazon.com/x5-Z8350-Processor-1000Mbps-Fanless-Computer/dp/B075SS1YX4/ref=sr_1_3
https://www.amazon.com/Z83-W-Fanless-PC-x5-Z8350-Graphics/dp/B07FXL6NLM/ref=sr_1_6

Best regards,
Huang
Thank you!!
You are welcome.

Best regards,
Huang
 

netty

New Member
Check if you need the bios first itself. The referenced upgrade is version 1.07, dated 3/7/2018. My Z83 came with that version. in Linux you can check which you have with

sudo dmicode | more

and look near the top for version and release date.
hi, the right command is

sudo dmidecode | more

cheers !
 

netty

New Member
hi all,
does anybody know where to get lastest bios for Z83-U x5 Z8350 ? I need also the original iso install
thank you for your help !

Sebastian
 
Top Bottom