< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

I3-5005U mini pc exact same specs as my laptop, but 15% slower

martymarty

hi,
just bought I3-5005U mini pc because it has the exact same specs as my 4 year laptop, toshiba satellite L50-C-276, same cpu, same ram amount, same gpu.

bought mini pc because i wanted to run the same old games on each, but the mini pc performs 15% worst, 15% less fps ingame, 15% more ram usage on idle desktop.

the laptop is win 10 home, the mini pc is win 10 pro.

the laptop runs at 720p, the mini pc at 1080p on lcd tv via hdmi.

what aspects could be causing the less horsepower ingame ?, what hardware differences in the the two computers could causing the issue ?

cheers

martymarty

forgot to say,
on windows desktop the laptop runs at 720p, the mini pc at 1080p on lcd tv via hdmi, but when running the games obviously the on screen resolution of the game is the same on both computers

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
i3-5005u Is your model U500 or U500-H? Also, you can share the link of Toshiba laptop to me to compare specifications and parameters. If you think the performance is not as good as other companies, you are welcome to provide test data reference so that we can further improve. I searched i3-5005U in the link below and found that the performance of the U500-H is not bad.

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/search?page=1&q=+i3-5005U&utf8=✓

martymarty

hi
thanks for reply
my mini pc is U500-H
the cpu is exact same as in my toshiba satellite L50-C-276, but i lose 15% more fps in more demanding games than on the laptop.
for less demanding games the mini pc is keeping up fine.

on the U500-H mini pc i have tried all the following to get the speed up, but to no avail=

1.have disabled windows defender thus releasing 10% more availiable ram
2.closed as many processses and services as i safely can
3.reduced desktop resolution to same as laptop, 720p

but the i3 cpu is still slower than on the laptop
could it be other hardware in the mini pc causing a bottleneck ?

cheers

martymarty

specs for laptop=
SATELLITE L50-C-276
  • Windows 10 Home
  • 5th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-5005U Processor
  • 8,192 (1x) MB, DDR3L RAM (1,600 MHz)
  • Intel® HD Graphics 5500
so as you can see, identical specs to minisforum U500-H

maybe the ram type is different in U500-H ? it is ddr3 ?

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
U500-H is 8GB DDR3L (1600 MHz) , Hardware parameters are the same as Toshiba L50-C-276 , the only difference is the operating system, windows 10 Home is more streamlined.
Please confirm if the graphics driver is the same

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
i3-5005U hardware (CPU, RAM, SSD) are all the best. I look forward to your posting some test data for comparison, otherwise this post will be meaningless

Top Bottom