< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

How to set boot on power-on

tjiijima

I'm sorry maybe I'm blind but I can't find a setting in the bios for boot on power-on? Or is there something I'm missing?

boker

Administrator
Staff member
Please provide the serial number and bios version on the bottom of the PC.

tjiijima

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 2.5 Inch SATA 6 Gb/s 5400 RPM 128MB Cache for PC Laptop
ST1000LM048

tjiijima

Seems like no reason it shouldn't work. I already have an SSD installed, working fine. But the Hdd it doesn't recognize, don't know if there's a setting in bios for it, but anyway can't figure it out.

boker

Administrator
Staff member
ST1000LM048 is supported, please enter to set SATA mode in bios to AHCI, and set all ports to enable.

tjiijima

All settings in bios are as you say, the hdd is installed and humming, but the bios reads "Not Installed" tried disconnecting and reconnecting, nope. Not recognizing hdd . . . . any ideas?

tjiijima

Just to close this out and let you know how strange things are, I tried a different hdd and it worked fine. So I guessed that the HDD that I had plugged in originally was defective. But I took that original HDD and plugged it into a different computer (Also a MinisForum K45), and it worked fine. So I'm confused. There was apparently a strange incompatibility that just made no sense. Nevermind, move on. Thank you for your help.

tjiijima

Okay so update on the update. I had a hypothesis that turned out right. The 2nd GK45 that I had plugged the HDD into that worked, it didn't have the updated bios installed. I updated the bios on it and - bing! HDD disappeared. Then I plugged in a different HDD into the same computer, and it recognized it fine. So there's some odd incompatibility in the new bios update with this Seagate Barracuda drive that is unknown and unexplained. Whether that is a defect in the Seagate or in the bios update I cannot say, but it is there. Just letting you know.

boker

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your feedback, are the bios versions of the two GK45 the same, can you check it for me?
Press "Win + R"-> "msinfo32"-> see BIOS version.

tjiijima

I think you mis-understood me. They were on different bios originally. I had one GK45 on factory bios and one on the new bios you sent me, the hdd worked on the older factory bios but not on the one with the new bios. So I upgraded the factory bios to the new bios, and the hdd stopped working on that GK45 as well; so that is how I confirmed that the new GK45 bios is what broke it. I don't know the factory bios version as it's no longer running on either machine, but the new GK45 bios version is: American Megatrends inc. BLT-BI-MINIPC-M1902GR110-GD55A-101-A, 9/19/2019. If you have a fix available that would be great as I currently have an hdd that doesn't work, but it's not a big deal, I'm just providing input. This bios I upgraded to because the older bios didn't have a power-on boot setting. Anyway I'm just providing input here, not asking for anything. I hope all is well with you, I pray for all in Hong Kong.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
I think you mis-understood me. They were on different bios originally. I had one GK45 on factory bios and one on the new bios you sent me, the hdd worked on the older factory bios but not on the one with the new bios. So I upgraded the factory bios to the new bios, and the hdd stopped working on that GK45 as well; so that is how I confirmed that the new GK45 bios is what broke it. I don't know the factory bios version as it's no longer running on either machine, but the new GK45 bios version is: American Megatrends inc. BLT-BI-MINIPC-M1902GR110-GD55A-101-A, 9/19/2019. If you have a fix available that would be great as I currently have an hdd that doesn't work, but it's not a big deal, I'm just providing input. This bios I upgraded to because the older bios didn't have a power-on boot setting. Anyway I'm just providing input here, not asking for anything. I hope all is well with you, I pray for all in Hong Kong.
Hi tjiijima, thanks for your feedback and pray, the GK45 only one version bios that factory bios, so i want to ask you ,where did you get your second BIOS?i suggest you try to test the Seagate Hdd again, because i have tested the Seagate Hdd you say in same bios ,and i found it can run normally. if you have any problem ,pls tell me with your screenshot and photo

Last edited:
Top Bottom