< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

How to configure as a "soft router" using the Windows 10 Pro GK45

GregLK

KODLIX marketing for the GK45 says I can use the dual Ethernet ports as a "soft router."

How do I configure Windows 10 Pro to use the dual Ethernet ports as a "soft router" with the pre-installed Windows 10 Pro on the GK45? Or do I need a 3rd-party software program to do so?

Thank you.

~Greg

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
" Soft router " requires third-party software support, if you only use it for learning, you can try to install a virtual machine(VMware )
We also met many enthusiasts who installed ikuai and openwrt , thanks.

spikerguy

Oh Wow, GK45 has dual LAN, I didn't know that.

You can use this with Opnsense (Free Open Source Firewall OS) or PfSense (Free Open Source Firewall OS)
OpenWrt ( Free Open Source Router OS)

As Wen said if you're trying to learn about soft router on windows then install these virtually using VMware or Oracle Virtual box.

This can be used as a powerful Firewall appliance which can even do Intrusion detection and virus scanning on network level. using the first two options above.

Good Luck.

GregLK

Oh Wow, GK45 has dual LAN, I didn't know that.

You can use this with Opnsense (Free Open Source Firewall OS) or PfSense (Free Open Source Firewall OS)
OpenWrt ( Free Open Source Router OS)

As Wen said if you're trying to learn about soft router on windows then install these virtually using VMware or Oracle Virtual box.

This can be used as a powerful Firewall appliance which can even do Intrusion detection and virus scanning on network level. using the first two options above.

Good Luck.
Wen, thank you. YOU have been the most helpful and descriptive with your advice. (The gearheads at Kodlix have been f'ing useless.)

spikerguy

Wen, thank you. YOU have been the most helpful and descriptive with your advice. (The gearheads at Kodlix have been f'ing useless.)
Yes I have been doing some test for OPNSense on my spare desktop pc and Now hopefully getting a sample mini-pc from other OEM to try it on for testing and documenting the installation process, even though it is very straight forward but a noob-friendly guide with hardware test is always a good way for commercial brands to promote their product.
I like both OpnSense & PFSense, I have been playing around with OPNsense for sometime now and will put it to test in my office environment and see how an Atom processor performs .

Thank you for taking interest in the other uses of a mini pc :)

Top Bottom