< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

HM80 fan failure | model: NF10013H12FP

ATS

Hi Minisforum,
I bought your HM80 one piece,
I think the fan is faulty, its running with noticeable vibration, and then after 1 - 2 seconds, it stop, and then repeat,

How could you help? What are the options?
it says model NF10013H12FP
Shenzhen Broadway Technology Co., Ltd

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, the forum cannot upload videos. Please upload the video to the network disk, and then send the sharing link. thank you for understanding.

ATS

to unplug failed fan, and install new fan, do I need a tool to do that?
I see the fan power cable is very tightly connected...

Currently I'm waiting Minisforum support to reply my additional request for some extra fans, I'm willing to pay the additional fans, just in case,

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Need to unplug the fan power cable, then remove the entire heatsink, then remove the fan, then replace the fan.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need to add CPU thermal paste if you're only replacing the fan and not the heatsink.
If you replace the fan and heatsink, you need to add CPU thermal paste.

ATS

sorry, u said I need to remove the entire heatsink, it means I will see the thermal paste right, and I have the option to leave it as is?
OR
I have the opportunity to re apply with new thermal paste,

is that what you mean? Thanks!

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Please refer to the picture.
This is the radiator.
This is the bottom of the radiator, and the red box in the middle is where thermal paste can be applied.
This is the fan.
Hope this information is helpful to you, thank you.

ATS

My delivery was received yesterday,
they offered me to send free fan,
but I opt to buy more additional fans for a price, and they sent me 6 fans,
since my current fan is failed after 1 year, so roughly I will have 6 years of spare parts,

later around end of month July, I will install the new fan, and see what happens,
Thanks Minisforum !

ATS

as expected, after replacing the fan, its quiet again, the fan is working and silent,

and below the heatsink, there is a thermal paste CPU, you have the OPTION to re apply with brand new, it requires small area only,

Last edited:

ATS

Minisforum HM80 running with custom image of VMware hypervisor ESXi 7.0.3,
just let you know you can do A LOT of stuff with this mini pc :)

Last edited:

Carbon fib'er

I got the impression the OP was able to buy replacement fans from Minisforum:

Currently I'm waiting Minisforum support to reply my additional request for some extra fans, I'm willing to pay the additional fans, just in case,
My delivery was received yesterday,
they offered me to send free fan,
but I opt to buy more additional fans for a price, ... Thanks Minisforum !
You should email support@minisforum.com and refer to this thread, the part number.

Reactions: BKA
Top Bottom