< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Help a Mom Out

JulietWhiskey

I bought three U700s for my kids. It’s primary function is school use, but you know kids; they wanna game at least a little bit. Who am I kidding? They wanna game a lot, but nothing too heavy (I don’t think).

So far their picks are only Minecraft Java & Roblox. I’m not well-read on systems, but what I’ve gathered is the U700 doesn’t have the recommended graphics for Roblox. They’ve still been able to play, but it overheats/shuts down the PC after a while. It seemed fine up until this week (in use since 2 Oct). Is this because the graphics are short, just the nature of a mini PC, or could I add some RAM to help handle the load? I don’t even know if that makes sense.

I’ve made some tweaks by decreasing the power options and I’ve also downloaded CoreTemp to help monitor the temperature. I also bought a small external fan to help keep the unit cooler.

Is there anything else I can do? Should I just tell my kids tough sh** for Roblox?

As for Minecraft, my concern is...I’m clueless. All I’m hearing about is downloading mods and creating mods. Is this system something I can upgrade to make modding work? If so, please make some recommendations.

Hoping for some help. My brain hurts so much.

bonebraker

by all.fairness. what a bait. no ones gonna believe that story. ur not a mom, period. just tell the truth next time and people will help you.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @JulietWhiskey U700 uses core graphics(Inter iris graphics 6100) .U700 is a miniPC without a discrete graphics card. You don't need to add a memory stick. Regarding the overheating of the machine, please use the detection tool to detect the specific temperature and tell me the temperature of u700

JulietWhiskey

Hi @JulietWhiskey U700 uses core graphics(Inter iris graphics 6100) .U700 is a miniPC without a discrete graphics card. You don't need to add a memory stick. Regarding the overheating of the machine, please use the detection tool to detect the specific temperature and tell me the temperature of u700
I’ll get the temp next time my kid plays today. I used CoreTemp to shut down the machine at 80 degrees. I don’t even think he was playing for 20 minutes before it got to that temp.

JulietWhiskey

The machine got to 80 degrees in 7 minutes

bonebraker

ok now that you posted the pic im positive that u didnt lie and am eager to help. let me put it this way. return all 3 of the pcs and buy their mini pc ryzen 3300u with at least 16gb each. they are a tad more expensive but more than capable to play even newer games than u mentioned, also the cpu and storage is fast and on top of that u can adjust the fan speed in the bios or easily mod heatsinks onto the vrm or repaste the thermal paste. i own one myself and did all of the above modding to make it virtually passively cooled.
heres a picture of the mod on the ryzen 3000u from the inside. i usey professinal grade heatsinks and thermal pads:

here you can it running in my server cluster. its the silver one in the middle section left side. i tested all of their mini pcs and thats the one to have for school and light gaming tasks. it even runs valorant, fortnite to some extent and Counterstrike ofc.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
@JulietWhiskey Thanks for your reply . I don't know how much load you are running on U700. But we passed the AIDA64 test. Under full load, the temperature parameters are as follows. I believe this temperature belongs to the normal range in our test items.

JulietWhiskey

ok now that you posted the pic im positive that u didnt lie and am eager to help. let me put it this way. return all 3 of the pcs and buy their mini pc ryzen 3300u with at least 16gb each. they are a tad more expensive but more than capable to play even newer games than u mentioned, also the cpu and storage is fast and on top of that u can adjust the fan speed in the bios or easily mod heatsinks onto the vrm or repaste the thermal paste. i own one myself and did all of the above modding to make it virtually passively cooled.
heres a picture of the mod on the ryzen 3000u from the inside. i usey professinal grade heatsinks and thermal pads:
View attachment 439

here you can it running in my server cluster. its the silver one in the middle section left side. i tested all of their mini pcs and thats the one to have for school and light gaming tasks. it even runs valorant, fortnite to some extent and Counterstrike ofc.
View attachment 440
Thank you!

Your suggestion is definitely on the table. The 16 GB isn’t offered on Amazon, so I’ll have to replace it.

As for the the heat sinks, etc., would you mind sharing a link for what to purchase?

Top Bottom