< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

HDMI and Mini DP video output

oreodunko

Hi,
I am curious if the H31G is able to output 4k@60Hz on both the HDMI and MiniDP? Or is it only possible on the HDMI port.
(I can't find any information on exact specification, are they HDMI 2.0 and MiniDP 1.4?)
A second question - will it be possible to support 2 4k video output on either the video output port? I would like to daisy chain 2 monitors into one of video output port on the H31G.
Lastly, the website states that the H31G will be shipped out on January, do you have any information when we will receive our mini pcs?

Thank you very much.

srgibbs99

@joey I just received my unit and it ships with a DP cable. But when I tried to use it I get no signal. HDMI worked fine. is there something I need to do to enable DisplayPort on the H31G?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, the miniDP port of H31G will not be displayed, because H31G carries a CPU without a centralized display. So miniDP cannot be used.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
This is related to the CPU. If the CPU has its own integrated graphics card, miniDP can be used.

Seiko

Very disappointed finding out that the DisplayPort is not connected to the GPU.
There is a proper GPU built in, why would one even consider using the integrated graphics?
Will need to add USB docking station for additional screens...

treefroggy

This was very disappointing to discover. Day 1 of receiving my pc, I just thought it was something wrong I could fix. Now I have a $270 monitor that is incompatible that is too late for me to return, because the H31G page did not clearly state that the DP is useless out of the box. :/

I would be interested in acquiring these intel CPUs mentioned by Joey, but it will require lots of research on my end to see if it is worth it.

andykais

heads up that a hdmi to displayport cord does not work at all either (this one in particular https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-DisplayPort-HDMI-Cable-Feet/dp/B015OW3M1W/) ...I just wasted $15 trying to get anything to display out of this computer. It would be great if someone could tell me in advance if its worth finding a usb to displayport adapter, if any work at all. Theres so many choices online and I am having a hard time finding out what is actually supported.

Top Bottom