< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

GK45 mini-PC now suddenly will not keep time when powered-off...

GregLK

GK45 mini-PC suddenly will not keep time when powered-off.
Windows 10 Professional appears to be up to date.
ONLY seems to occur when PC is powered-off.
Please advise how to proceed.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @GregLK .For the clock keep changing, 1.Pls make sure that the set time automatically is enable and your area corresponds to your time zone (refer to below pic).2. If you check the Windows system date and time as the initial value. Turn off the power and disconnect the D/C for 10 minutes. If the date and time are still the initial values, the RTC battery may be no power. 3. If only the date and time cannot be updated automatically, you can try to press reset key to reset your minipc.

Attachments

GregLK

FYI: RE: "...(refer to below pic)...," there is no pic attached.

I have ALREADY CHECKED THE TIME ZONE SETTINGS.

If "RTC battery may be no power" how is this fixed? I only bought this unit from you this year in April.

I will follow through regarding the additional advice.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry ,@GregLK . The picture has been added, please check again.

In addition ,i would like to ask if your minipc time is fast or slow, and what is the difference in time?Look forward to your reply.

If it is the reason for the RTC battery, it can only be replaced

GregLK

When the PC is powered off, the time stalls-out; and when powered back on to Windows 10 Professional, it then keeps time from the last time that the unit was powered off. For example...

I powered-off the unit on Friday evening at 9:08 PM...
When I powered on Monday morning, Windows 10 kept on keeping time from Friday's date and 9:09 PM until I go in to the "Date and time settings" to click the "Sync now" button under the "Synchronize your clock" section.

ALSO, *sometimes* -- NOT ALL THE TIME -- even when Windows is running, the clock will slow down and lose time for hours. Frankly, the symptoms seem to be worse than I realized.

Please advise. What the heck is going on?

Also, What is "RTC"? Also, I am asking HOW TO REPLACE THE RTC BATTERY? Do I need to send the Mini-PC to you? Or, buy a battery and do it myself? (...IF I NEED TO DO THIS.)

As well, in your earlier post, you say: "If only the date and time cannot be updated automatically, you can try to press reset key to reset your minipc." What does it mean to PRESS RESET KEY TO RESET ... MINIPC? What is the RESET KEY?

Thank you.

Last edited:

joey

Administrator
Staff member
RTC is Real_Time Clock.
If you still can't solve this problem according to the operation in the picture, I suggest you can try to reinstall the system.

First , you must enter Bios to set the right time, and then to reinstall the system.
after set the right time in Bios, you can refer to the link to reinstall the system
https://bbs.minisforum.com/threads/gk45-reinstall-system.1278/

GregLK

Of course, I have checked the settings in Windows 10.

Again, I am asking HOW TO REPLACE THE RTC BATTERY? Do I need to send the Mini-PC to you? Or, buy a battery and do it myself? What do I need to buy exactly? (...IF I NEED TO DO THIS.)

If I have to reinstall the system, then I will simply return this unit to you for a refund. I should not be having such a problem with a unit I only bought from you a few months ago.

boker

Administrator
Staff member
When the computer is turned on, does the time remain at the time of the last shutdown? You can try this method:

Press "WIN + X" --- "Computer Management" --- "Services and Applications"-"Services", find the system service named "Windows Time" in the list, and then double-click the service to open After the properties of this service, please select "Automatic" in the "Startup Type" item of the service properties, start this service, and then restart the computer.

GregLK

Thank for the additional detail. I am a semi-tech guy these days... I've never been an engineer, but I've been director of a web-media firm and, back in the day, I was a network admin. So I appreciate enough detail to get issues handled.

...That being said: I am flummoxed and relieved at the same time... All of a sudden, Windows 10 is keeping time all the time. I didn't get to do anything particular about it. I'm like W.T.%$#?! So... Maybe there was a Windows update... Maybe a software or driver update... Maybe a conflict got resolved.

Nevertheless, THANK YOU for your follow-ups.

Top Bottom