< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

GK45 j4125 Auto Power on after power failure

obiwan

Hello,
I have a GK45 j4125 I need to have automatic power on after power failure.
I saw that on other models it is possible via an application that modifies the Bios settings.
Is it possible also on this model?
Can you please share the link to the application to do the fix?

Thank you for your help

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Please refer to the post to update EC

testereneco

Hi,
have the same requirement - i need that the J4125 boot's up if the power is switched on.
@joey
does this EC (whatever it means) from 2019 respectively from the G45 apply as well for the J4125 (GK41)?

I tried - I get
Please Check IO port 6266 first!!!
What can I do else?

Thx.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
This is not applicable, the EC file of each model is different, please do not update the EC at will.

testereneco

Could you provide the necessary EC files for the J4125 / GK41 as well please? Otherwise I have to return this nice device back hence I am using it as a router where this mentioned feature is crucial.

By the way, you write that Minis-Forum "was born among a group of computer engineers who are passionate about advanced technology". That's great. I am similar. Thatswhy I dont understand why you are restricting the BIOS so majorly. Hence even the BIOS file is not provided, I read the BIOS file with AFU and checked the settings with AMIBCP.
The BIOS could be much more greater, if you just allow the users to edit more features. Just saying :)
Right now "Auto Power ON" on Power return or "last state" would enough for me. Thanks..

Attachments

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, this is because the new version of GK41 does not support the power-on self-start function on the hardware. So even if the EC is updated, there is no way. We will add this hardware in the next new version of GK41.

Thirsk

Sorry, this is because the new version of GK41 does not support the power-on self-start function on the hardware. So even if the EC is updated, there is no way. We will add this hardware in the next new version of GK41.
So, there is no way that the minis forum automatically turns on after a power failure?

Thanks

joey

Administrator
Staff member
If the hardware does not support it, then there is no way to achieve this function. Please understand that. Thank you

Brian_liu

Please refer to the post to update EC

Hello, I see that the page of this link supports gk45 (j4105), so does it support gk45 (j4125)? In addition, if I don't want to use this EC, where can I download the ex factory EC file?

Top Bottom