< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

For some system files needed to replace the SSD to make a system disk.

JB_Sullivan

I have GIANT problems installing a new m2 hard drive in this PC.

It is this hard disk:

M2 Harddisk

First I created a clone from the built-in 128 GB hard disk to the new hard disk. Then I removed the old 128 GB hard disk and installed the new 500 GB hard disk.

Immediately the fan started to give full throttle. With this new hard disk in the fixed state I had no chance to get into the BIOS.

I then removed the hard disk and built it into an external USB 3.0 case. Then I unpacked the file VB9_64pro1903_UP175_20190621.zip on this USB drive and started this USB drive via the boot manager.

Then it came to this error message.

What's wrong here???????????

2019-12-07 14.46.jpg

2019-12-07 17.45.31.jpg

2019-12-07 17.45.57.jpg

Last edited:

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
I have GIANT problems installing a new m2 hard drive in this PC.

It is this hard disk:

M2 Harddisk

First I created a clone from the built-in 128 GB hard disk to the new hard disk. Then I removed the old 128 GB hard disk and installed the new 500 GB hard disk.

Immediately the fan started to give full throttle. With this new hard disk in the fixed state I had no chance to get into the BIOS.

I then removed the hard disk and built it into an external USB 3.0 case. Then I unpacked the file VB9_64pro1903_UP175_20190621.zip on this USB drive and started this USB drive via the boot manager.

Then it came to this error message.

What's wrong here???????????

View attachment 147

View attachment 148

View attachment 144

View attachment 145

View attachment 146
Please change the USB device name to: "winpe"

JB_Sullivan

OK I did and it worked - but not with the M2 SSD I wanted to install, because it is not recognized by the internal M2 port - even worse, the PC gets very hot when you connect this hard disk and can no longer be operated. You can't even get into the BIOS.

Crucial SSD - not working in this Typ of PC

If you connect the same hard disk to one of the USB3 ports via an external case, the SSD will be recognized and can work with it normally.

When connected to the internal port, the PC collapses.

What is the cause? Is there a limitation of the maximum current the internal M2 SSD is allowed to consume from the hardware design?

Top Bottom