< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Fan Noise

Joerg

Hi, is there a way to reduce the fan noise ? I found some settings in the bios but dont know how to configure.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
The fan of UM300 has been optimally set. My personal recommendation is not to change it. If you want to change it, please change the fan speed from bios according to your personal needs.

Joerg

thanks; could you please support me how to configure these settings to minimize the fan noise? can i change the fan to a quiter one?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, this fan is customized according to UM300, so it cannot be replaced. I can only tell how to turn on the speed adjustment setting. Regarding the speed, you can only adjust it yourself according to your personal needs.

MiglUrirl

And just like that, I don't hear the noise anymore.

If/when it comes back, I'll check it that way.

In case I do need to replace it, how do I tell if my penis is Intel or AMD?

swbrains

FWIW, here are my fan settings in the BIOS of my UM300. Using these settings, my fan seems quiet the vast majority of the time and I watch the CPU temperature using CoreTemp running in the system tray. The default settings were noticeably noisier, so I think these settings are a good compromise. For most daily usage (web browser, email app, software development, etc.) CoreTemp rarely gets to up 60 degrees, hovering most of the time between in the low 40s and mid 50s. and the machine is nearly silent most of the day:

um300_fan_settings 2.jpg

I also ran the CPU-Z stress test, but didn't have time to run it for more than several minutes. It reached a high temp of 71 after running for several minutes at 100% load and was fairly stable at that temp (i.e. taking more than a minute to increase 1 degree). I wouldn't expect to run it at this load for more than 10 minutes in my daily usage, so for me these settings seem appropriate. You can also see below that the minimum temp the CPU had gone down to today was 37 degrees while at rest:

screencapture_000020.png

My understanding for this CPU is that < 90 degrees is considered safe... assuming it's not running just under that limit all day. ;)

Hope this helps some people who may be searching for quieter fan settings for their UM300.

GlennZet

Это отличная идея, поскольку цена это самый важный показатель для пользователей, которые заходят на прайс-агрегаторы цен. wino Вправе ли организация осуществлять автоматизированный сбор информации, размещенной в открытом доступе на сайтах в сети интернете (парсинг)? community Поскольку выполнять автоматический поиск товаров по названию на нескольких разных сайтах, - затея изначально неудачная, в моём решении заказчик сам проставляет (один раз) ссылки на страницы товара в каждую ячейку. o4ki

Top Bottom