< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

External display NOT detected via Mini-DP port AND NOT via USB-C port

GregLK

• When connecting a Mini-DP to HDMI adapter + HDMI cable to an external display, NOT automatically detected.
  • Also, NOT detected when I've clicked the [Detect] button in [Settings: Display: Multiple displays] results with message: "Didn't detect another display"
  • Also, [Cmd+P] + [Extend] or + [Duplicate] does NOT send video to the external display.
  • I have ALREADY updated the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 600.
Please advise asap. Thank you.

GregLK

• When connecting a Mini-DP to HDMI adapter + HDMI cable to an external display, NOT automatically detected.
  • Also, NOT detected when I've clicked the [Detect] button in [Settings: Display: Multiple displays] results with message: "Didn't detect another display"
  • Also, [Cmd+P] + [Extend] or + [Duplicate] does NOT send video to the external display.
  • I have ALREADY updated the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 600.
Please advise asap. Thank you.
UPDATE: So, after some *more* web-searching, landed at Intel driver support and thought to compare the "update" provided by the Microsoft Windows driver update process... The driver Microsoft updated the GK45 to was still NOT the latest driver from Interl for UHD 600. So...

Trying now using the Intel diagnostics and update software, Intel® Driver & Support Assistant:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

P.S. It identified a few MORE Intel drivers requiring update too!

GregLK

UPDATE: So, after some *more* web-searching, landed at Intel driver support and thought to compare the "update" provided by the Microsoft Windows driver update process... The driver Microsoft updated the GK45 to was still NOT the latest driver from Interl for UHD 600. So...

Trying now using the Intel diagnostics and update software, Intel® Driver & Support Assistant:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

P.S. It identified a few MORE Intel drivers requiring update too!
Still NOT detected. :-(

*** Anyone got ANY recommendations for this? ***

boker

Administrator
Staff member
Some adapters are not compatible.
What type of Mini-DP to HDMI adapter do you use?
Can you show me the picture?

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
update:

If the chip used by MiniDP to HDMI is "IT6562FN", it is supported.

GregLK

I gave up on trying to use an adapter.

I purchased a cable...
  • Manufacturer LINKUP Technology Inc.
  • ASIN B0825952T5
  • Mini DP Male to Ultra HDMI Male
  • 50μ Gold-Plated Heavy-Duty
  • Mini DisplayPort Screen Cable
  • (Thunderbolt 2 Compatible)
  • 3ft
A monitor is NOT detected. (I have tried various monitors. As far as I can tell, Windows 10 does not see the DP port...?)

Please advise. Thank you.

GregLK

I have NOW also bought a USB-C to HDMI cable...
  • I tested the cable with other devices and monitors; the cable works.
  • With the USB-C cable plugged-in to the USB-C on this Windows 10 PC box, Windows 10 device manager at least shows that the cable is plugged-in and also shows a "Generic Billboard Device" in the device manager...
  • HOWEVER, even using the "Detect Display" button in the Windows 10 settings, I cannot get any HDMI displays I have tried to activate.
What is going on? Why can't I use ANY external monitors with this unit?!

GregLK

Hi,@GregLK, according to your description ,because the chip is not compatible.
  • I bought this device from KODLIX according these promo's and spec's...
    • [Please refer to attached screenshots/image files.]
    • The spec's, on image GK45_004 in particular, say that your product will support 3 monitors...
  • So, what's the problem? And what are the fixes so that I can extend to additional monitors?
  • Or, let me put this another way... What EXACTLY (recommend models, etc.) do I need to buy to have these features work?
GK45_004.png

Attachments

Last edited:

GregLK

Hi ,i suggest you buy a MiniDP to HDMI adapter. you can refer to below the link :
https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-DisplayPort-Supports-displays-3840x2160/dp/B00S0BWR2K?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Because many minidp to HDMI adapter on the market are not compatible with Microsoft system
Ok. THANK YOU for that recommendation.

I was wondering if you don't need to recommend to me specifically USB-C_compatible and / or DisplayPort compatible monitors?

...For example, you ship the Mini-PC with a DP-mini to DP-fullsize cable... So, I figured that for the DisplayPort you would recommend a DP-compatible monitor...?

So, what about the USB display output not working? Your recommendations, please?

As well, do you think I should return the USB-HDMI cable I bought (specified in earlier post here: https://bbs.minisforum.com/threads/external-display-not-detected-via-mini-dp-port-and-not-via-usb-c-port.1416/post-10775)? Please advise.

Last edited:

GregLK

Well, I have ordered the Pluggable brand adapter you recommended for the DP... If that one actually works, then I will consider buying the Pluggable brand USB-C adapter. Thank you for getting back to me ASAP.

I wish all of this had been specified as necessary additional expenses and requirements when I bought the original KODLIX Mini-PC product on Amazon. (Also, KODLIX sends a DP-mini-to-DP-fullsize cable with the Mini-PC product... It's a shame I can't get any value for using that cable.)

Olaf

I use this adapter on the GK41

Cable Matters Dreifacher 4K Mini DisplayPort/DisplayPort Splitter Hub mit 2X DisplayPort und 1x HDMI für Windows und Linux. Mit DisplayPort 1.4 und DSC1.2 für bis zu dreifache 4K 60Hz Auflösung This allows three monitors to be controlled. DP> DVI / Hdmi adapters can also be connected

This adapter also works
Plugable DisplayPort zu HDMI Adapter, 2.0 Aktiver Adapter, unterstützt Bildschirme bis zu 4K / UHD / 3840x2160@60 Hz

I hope this is helpful

Greets
Olaf

Top Bottom