< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Expansion SSD

Airwolfisland

Hello, I plan to buy the U700.
Following comments and messages on the forum for the U500 model there are compatibility issues for adding an SSD.
It is better to add an HDD. Are there the same problems for the U700?
Thank you in advance ;)

John Drive

Hi,
i confirm that the issue is present in U700 as well.
I' ve tested a samsung SSD 500 Gb without success, while an old HDD works with no problem.
Anyway I just bought a kingstone SSD 1TB and it works properly.

boker

Administrator
Staff member
Did you add a 2.5-inch SSD?
U700 only supports 2.5-inch HDD, not 2.5-inch SSD.

John Drive

Yes, i added a kingston SSD.
It seems that some SSD brands and some capacity are accepted , while others are not.
I also added a 200 Gb micro SD, and it was accepted as well.
Regards

espresso

The Samsung MZ-76E500B / EU 860 EVO 500 GB SATA 2.5 "Internal SSD Black didn't work for me, too. So as mentioned by Airwolfisland, I tried a SanDisk SSD Plus Sata III Internal SSD, Black and everything is ok. Really strange behaviour.
Thank you all for your support.

alucard

Hi,
i confirm that the issue is present in U700 as well.
I' ve tested a samsung SSD 500 Gb without success, while an old HDD works with no problem.
Anyway I just bought a kingstone SSD 1TB and it works properly.
could you tell me the exact model of ssd 1Tb "kingston"? I tried Samsung 1Tb and it doesn't work. I tried Crucial 1Tb and it doesn't work. Does everything work smoothly with the Kingstone?

John Drive

@jaysis
@alucard

That's what i bought:

Micro SD 200GB

SSD 1TB

RAM 8Gb

Everything is working with no issues on my U700

Rudolf1958

I tried
Samsung MZ-76Q1T0BW SSD 860 QVO 1 TB 2,5 Zoll Interne SATA SSD
and it didn't work. Only the Logo was shown, but it didn't even boot.
so could we compile a list of SSDs that work?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Samsung MZ-76Q1T0BW SSD 860 QVO 1 TB 2,5 Zoll Interne SATA SS do not Incompatible

lbates

For what it is worth I just tested a Micron 5210 Ion SSD MTFDDAK7T6QDE 7.68TB in my UM300 and it worked perfectly. Pretty impressive amount of storage in a tiny package.

Boog

I used this : TEAMGROUP GX2 512GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD (Read Speed up to 530 MB/s) T253X2512G0C101
mounted and worked with no issues thus far...

Jwoods

I've been waiting a while for my site/forum registration to go through so I could offer my own resolve regarding all the upgrade issues mentioned here since I bought my U700 Mini.

As I noticed above "John Drive" found as well, the Kingston products are quite compatible though,
I did opt for a 400GB SanDisk micro SD Card as a few others have, as I had no concern of compatibility issues with micro SD cards.
My only reason for posting is to reinforce the fact that all upgrades are possible just as stated upon purchase of the U700 Mini (And the fact that I knew this weeks ago but couldn't log into the forum to help until today)/ :D

Just click on each product name in blue below to see the working upgrades that worked perfectly for my U700 Mini.

8GB 1600MHz DDR3L Memory: Kingston 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L Memory module

960GB 2.5 internal SSD Drive: Kingston 960GB A400 SATA3 2.5

400GB Micro SD Card: 400GB SanDisk micro SD Card

480GB Sata SSD
M.2 2280: Kingston 480GB A400 M.2 2280 Sata SSD

CP01

Hi,

Someone can help me?

ssd m2 change on U500-H

I can't get the new disk to read and the pc won't boot.
Stay on the MinisForum screen
Any suggestions for the Bios?

Top Bottom