< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Ethernet device missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpzchi

I performed a clean install of Windows 10 yesterday and all went well. I did this because Windows Updates were stalling after I first used the device on 6/12. Today 6/14 I put the the device in Sleep mode. About 3 hours later I attempted to wake up the pc with the attached wireless keyboard but this failed. I tried to power on using the Power button but still the device wouldn't turn on. I disconnected/reconnected the power chord, wireless kb/mouse USB adapter and LAN cable. Eventually, the computer turned on but I discovered the ethernet device is no longer listed in Network Connections (see attached). How can I reinstall the device? I'm using the Wireless adapter for now. Thank you.
Note: My Asus router does show it as connected as a LAN connection with ethernet cable connected.
Network 2020-06-14 135408_LI.jpg

Last edited:

bpzchi

Hello:
I ended up doing another clean install as a BSOD was preventing Windows from starting normally after a restart. I have disabled Hibernation via powercfg.exe command. I removed my Wireless kb/mouse adapter and went back to USB. I unmounted the device from the back of my monitor. Hopefully there will be no further similar issues.

bpzchi

Hello, and thanks for the follow up! I have the system back to where it was yesterday before the LAN adapter issue. All appears to be working normally now. I'm going to use the computer extensively today (it's my secondary pc) and hope I don't encounter any more issues. I think the worst is behind me now. Thx again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom