< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Dual-Monitor-Function

n3350user

Hello minisforum!
I am trying to operate my UM200 with two monitors. Unfortunately this doesn't work. If I only connect my monitor to the DisplayPort, a message appears briefly and has immediately disappeared. It works wonderfully with the HDMI connection. With the dual function, I only have one picture via HDMI, the DVI is not addressed. Does something have to be set in the bios?
Thanks for the help!

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
There are two notes
1. DP to DVI, a correct adapter cable is needed.
2. Display setting problem, you can refer to the following chart to set the correct "pixel format".

n3350user

Sorry, my mistake in my explanation!

The first monitor is connected to the UM200 via an HDMI cable. Normal picture.
The second monitor is connected to the UM200 from the display port to the HDMI monitor connection. No picture here. The recommended settings in the AMD driver also do not produce an image on the second monitor. Drivers are also up to date. The display port cable is working properly. Was tested on the Wyse 7020 to the monitor and brings a good picture.

So it must be on the UM200 and its display port. Other solutions? I need a second monitor for the work I have to do.937

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
What model of second monitor do you have? Which port is used as the input to the monitor?

n3350user

I made another attempt. Display port from UM200 to HDMI to LG 27EA53 (my main monitor). Monitor drivers have been installed. Windows 10 is currently running. No other monitor is connected.

A picture appears briefly when Windows starts. You can see the Windows logo above, the small rotating circle below, the monitor starts in 1024x728 pixel mode. When switching to the main Windows screen, the monitor remains black. Is the resolution not recognized or can it be due to the AMD driver?

The same thing happens when I connect the display port on DVi to the LG 27EA53.

All cable display port cables work perfectly with different PCs on all my monitors and televisions.

Can I connect a second monitor via USB to HDMI?

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
Please make sure that you can enter the BIOS by pressing the DEL key. If it is normal, you can try to enable safe mode boot (disable the graphics card driver).
https://support.microsoft.com/
Can I connect a second monitor via USB to HDMI?
--yes ,support .

n3350user

I connected the second monitor to the monitor's HDMI port via the USB-C interface. Thats how it works. But I'll also try using an active Displayport to HDMI 4K adapter. I will also give you feedback here.

n3350user

I connected the second monitor to the monitor's HDMI port via the active Diplay-Port-Adapter. Thats how it works too.

Result: The display port of the 300U only seems to work properly with an active "displayport to HDMI" adapter. Alternatively, a USB-C adapter to HDMI can be used. Problem solved!

Exampels from amazon Germany (www.amazon.de):
USB-C to HDMI: ASIN B082FKRBQS

Active Diplay-Port to HDMI: ASIN B07ZNNRYFL

Last edited:

n3350user

My problem has been resolved and I don't need any more help. Both of my monitors work perfectly in the dual-monitor-function.

Top Bottom