< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Dual Boot Issue

steven760

I have a U500H with windows preinstalled.
I added a 2nd hard drive.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to force it to boot from a CD/DVD USB drive to install an ISO to add a custom version of linux.
It keeps booting up in windows.

Also, if I can figure that out ( with help ), how can I best decide what drive to boot from in the future?

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
There are three ways
1. Press "DEL" during boot to enter BIOS. Go to the "Boot" tab, Change the "boot option #1" to “ USB xxxxx” -->YOU USB device
after Save and Exit (or hit F4 and confirm)
2. Press "DEL" during boot to enter BIOS. Go to the "Save & Exit" tab, Choose your USB device to start (as below)

3. Press "F7" during boot to quick boot option。 Choose your USB device to start (as below)

youngran

I have the same issue. I have tried using USB-CD drive, USB-stick, micro-SD card and micro-SD in USB adapter; no matter what I try, nothing is recognized. I bought this on Amazon; Model: U500-H, barcode label on the bottom is: MG190610001 U500-H8128PR10388

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
U500-H only supports UEFI boot. If the device is in legacy mode, it will not be displayed in the BIOS.

youngran

With regards to dual booting, I have a question...

Starting with the Windows 10 i3-5005U mini PC, what is the recommended procedure for installing any flavor of Linux and creating a dual-boot PC? There appears to be a severe lack of technical documentation for this particular mini PC; if there are OEM docs that you could point to, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
You can contact Amazon Seller Services and we can customize your needs. Only Windows 10 Pro is currently on the market
By the way: I will post video steps as soon as possible

Top Bottom