< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

DMAF5 - Recovery

guntherm

No matter what I do, I can not get the DMAF5 to reset.

All I am looking to do is this: Put computer back to original partitions/windows etc.

I tired to install Linux Mint by shrinking the system volume, when I could never get to to dual boot. I erased the partition (via Disk manager) and the system will not do a reset.. Always fails around 33%..

I am about my wits end. I purchased this one via Crowdfunding. Machine came to with a broken Sata connector on motherboard. MinisForum never answered my questions about warranty, replacing it with anew one. Never, but I decided to try it as a Linux.. and you can't find directions or anything to do this. But machine is promoted to do that.

Now I have tried to basically do a factory rest back to the way it came. and that is broken on the SSD I have.

Tried and confused what to do. Downloading windows and reinstalling that doesn't put any partitions/etc back to what it was.

Where is the System Image for the DMAF5????

spikerguy

No matter what I do, I can not get the DMAF5 to reset.

All I am looking to do is this: Put computer back to original partitions/windows etc.

I tired to install Linux Mint by shrinking the system volume, when I could never get to to dual boot. I erased the partition (via Disk manager) and the system will not do a reset.. Always fails around 33%..

I am about my wits end. I purchased this one via Crowdfunding. Machine came to with a broken Sata connector on motherboard. MinisForum never answered my questions about warranty, replacing it with anew one. Never, but I decided to try it as a Linux.. and you can't find directions or anything to do this. But machine is promoted to do that.

Now I have tried to basically do a factory rest back to the way it came. and that is broken on the SSD I have.

Tried and confused what to do. Downloading windows and reinstalling that doesn't put any partitions/etc back to what it was.

Where is the System Image for the DMAF5????
Hello,

Where you able to run linux from a live usb drive?
Can you try formatting the internal drive completely and try to install a fresh Windows or linux os?

I hope this will help you with recovering your device and make it operational.

If you cannot format the drive from live linux usb then maybe something wrong with the drive itself.

Good luck.

guntherm

Please download the system file form the website : https://www.minisforum.com/support/20
Thank you, why is this stuff so difficult to find. Why isn't the support downloads easily found? Once we are allowed to joined, you openly stated you listen to constructive suggestions.

Well this is one. add a drop down on your main page that says downloads/support like most computer company's do please.

How about a paper to allow us to install Linux on these machines. They are sold as being able to do Linux. All I want is a dual boot.

lastly how do I ever get ahold of someone to replace my device? The DMAF5 has only been out a few months. mine came busted sata cable connector/port. The cable itself is fine, but the connector on mother board is broken, unusable.

I hate putting it out in public, but after writing 3 times and never one get a response. now its time to go public, and start posting everywhere.

Last edited:

guntherm

Hello,

Where you able to run linux from a live usb drive?
Can you try formatting the internal drive completely and try to install a fresh Windows or linux os?

I hope this will help you with recovering your device and make it operational.

If you cannot format the drive from live linux usb then maybe something wrong with the drive itself.

Good luck.
I can boot from a Linux CD-Rom..

I think the problem being the UEFI, and trying to allow device to dual boot. How to do this. MINISFORUM just goes quiet when asked. LOL Surely they have the answer how to do this?

Top Bottom