< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Disk Drive limit?

DavecUK

I have the Z83-F. It has 2 x USB 2.0 ports and 1 x USB 3.0 ports. I am using a small usb hub with 4 ports and powered drives/docking stations. Whenever I try and add more than 4 drives, the Z83-F can only see the first 4 drives it loads.

e.g. 2 hard drives in each port, plus 2 dual drive docks (one with 1 drive the other with 2 drives). Only 4 or the 5 drives are seen. The docks are not faulty as when I swap a drive from one dock to another it's still not seen.  If I then move the dock with a single drive to the USB 2.0 port,  Its drives are seen.

This shows it's not a limitation of the PC itslef, but seems to be a limitation of the USB 3.0 port, is there any way I can fix this?

I am trying to use this device as a NAS and at the moment have 5 drives attached.

edit: I have found one way to add more drives to the port, simply by daisy chaining of one of the drive docks (already attached to the USB hub) as the drive dock has it's own USB port. Odd that it works when plugging a drive into the hub directly wont.

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
DavecUK said:
I have the Z83-F. It has 2 x USB 2.0 ports and 1 x USB 3.0 ports. I am using a small usb hub with 4 ports and powered drives/docking stations. Whenever I try and add more than 4 drives, the Z83-F can only see the first 4 drives it loads.

e.g. 2 hard drives in each port, plus 2 dual drive docks (one with 1 drive the other with 2 drives). Only 4 or the 5 drives are seen. The docks are not faulty as when I swap a drive from one dock to another it's still not seen.  If I then move the dock with a single drive to the USB 2.0 port,  Its drives are seen.

This shows it's not a limitation of the PC itslef, but seems to be a limitation of the USB 3.0 port, is there any way I can fix this?

I am trying to use this device as a NAS and at the moment have 5 drives attached.

edit: I have found one way to add more drives to the port, simply by daisy chaining of one of the drive docks (already attached to the USB hub) as the drive dock has it's own USB port. Odd that it works when plugging a drive into the hub directly wont.
Hello,

For your problem, if you need Hub to extend your interface, I think you can extend the success, but for you need to connect several hard drives, this may not support, because the Mini Pc uses low-power performance, It takes a certain amount of voltage to start up the hard drive, and if there are several hard drives it may not be able to distribute that much voltage.

If you can provide pictures, it is very good, I will do my utmost to solve this problem for you.

Best regards,
Hu

Top Bottom