< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Disable USB alimentation when the PC is off

ocisp

I need disable USB power when the PC is off or my keyboard will stay with light....
Is possible to do this? How to do? If is not possible can you fix maybe with a BIOS update?

Thanks

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
USB power Connected to 5VSB, it will be provided when the power is turned on and cannot be controlled by the BIOS. This design is also designed to increase the wake-up function.

ocisp

When i turn off the PC the USB still have energy... this cause the keyboard to still have the light and consume energy. There are no way to disable USB power when the PC is off?

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
Yes, USB will have 5V when D/C power is plugged in.
You only disconnect DC INPUT after shutdown, or remove USB

ocisp

This is very bad... please consider for the future. Usually PC let choose this in the BIOS.
In my Desktop PC AsRock board i am able to disable this power USB settings that is really bad for me.
Also i suggest to test your forum email notification on Gmail because i was not able to reset password but i am also missing notification about replies... also if i am subscribed.

Wen

KODLIX developer
Staff member
Thank you for your advice。Please email us to complete the modification of your password.

ocisp

Hi Wen, my password has been reset by you... so the password issue was resolved.
Seems your support is present but you need really fix the forum email issue... i am not happy to cannot receive email notification on new reply.

I want ask to inform me if you will found a solution for the USB alimentation because for this issue i cannot use a keyboard... i was forced to replace my keyboard with another one... i want use the other keyboard but USB should be turned off when the PC is off. This is maybe a BIOS issue anyway is not good you decide for the user if the power is on or off, a settings should leave the user decide this. Power on USB can be useful for someone but can consume energy or do other issue for some device like my keyboard that need to be unplugged all time for turn off the light when the PC is off or not in use.

I want ask to inform me if this USB issue can be solved in the future but i will not receive any mail notification if you don't fix the issue with Gmail delivery.
The issue is present only on Gmail? Maybe i need try to edit my email address with another one... if the issue is only with Gmail this mean your SPF, DKIM and DMARC record are not set correctly or maybe you are not using SMTP to authenticate email sent from the forum.

Huang

Administrator
Hi Wen, my password has been reset by you... so the password issue was resolved.
Seems your support is present but you need really fix the forum email issue... i am not happy to cannot receive email notification on new reply.

I want ask to inform me if you will found a solution for the USB alimentation because for this issue i cannot use a keyboard... i was forced to replace my keyboard with another one... i want use the other keyboard but USB should be turned off when the PC is off. This is maybe a BIOS issue anyway is not good you decide for the user if the power is on or off, a settings should leave the user decide this. Power on USB can be useful for someone but can consume energy or do other issue for some device like my keyboard that need to be unplugged all time for turn off the light when the PC is off or not in use.

I want ask to inform me if this USB issue can be solved in the future but i will not receive any mail notification if you don't fix the issue with Gmail delivery.
The issue is present only on Gmail? Maybe i need try to edit my email address with another one... if the issue is only with Gmail this mean your SPF, DKIM and DMARC record are not set correctly or maybe you are not using SMTP to authenticate email sent from the forum.
Because there is a problem with SMTP in this forum, I can't send you an email. You can send me your email. This is my email: support@minisforum.com. When this USB problem is updated, I will send the email. Give you.

Top Bottom