< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Computer Freezing Randomly after a few days of being on.

hessercan

I have these computers set up to be a media players for TV's in our stores. After a few days I've noticed they go offline unexpectedly. I have to drive to each store and physically unplug them, as mouse and keyboard have no effect. Not sure what the problem is.

boker

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry it took a long time to reply. This may be caused by automatic update, you can turn off the update service of win10.

hessercan

Why don't they bluescreen? All I get is no network and no display. I'm using iTarian as a remote monitoring software and I automatically run windows update once a week. Why would that brick the system? Can I get more information on this?

hessercan

I disabled Automatic Updates via Group Policy. One of the machines in question went offline at 2PM when it's supposed to be on and playing videos. My TV at one of our 24 hour stores has never gone offline and it's the exact same custom windows image. I need to get these problems figured out and fixed ASAP or I'll be forced to return them and go a different route.

boker

Administrator
Staff member
How many faulty machines do you have, do they all have such problems?
Do you mean offline to automatically disconnect from the network? Or they will crash automatically.
custom windows image
Did you reinstall the Windows 10 system?

bonebraker

might be totally unrelated but ima throw it in there. i have massive problems with overheating with my n4020. freezing usually occurs when something gets too hot. do me a favor and check the temperature of the pcs freezing. its summer right now and the hot temperatures outside dont help either. considering ur profile name can and ur picture i assume u live somewhere in the middle east where its really hot, maybe turkey?

hessercan

How many faulty machines do you have, do they all have such problems?
Do you mean offline to automatically disconnect from the network? Or they will crash automatically.

Did you reinstall the Windows 10 system?
I deployed these machines with a custom Windows 10 1903 image. I have 5 out in the wild at the moment, and the problem machines seem to only be the ones that I have scheduled to turn off the display after closing hours. They automatically reboot at 6am but when they freeze, that doesn't happen. They disconnect from the network randomly. 3 out of 5 machines are affective, but 2 of those 3 haven't had any issues for about a week now. The 1 is still freezing frequently and I have to drive to the store to unplug the machine. Also the TV that it's attached to will not stay on! No matter how many settings I tweak, there is no way to disable the power saver settings. It's an Allegra TV. I'd like the TV to automatically turn on via CEC when the computer reboots at 6am, but I can't figure out how to make this happen.

hessercan

Ok, so if I didn't make this part clear. These systems are being deployed via MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit). I have created a universal installer from a reference image. The drivers need to be installed post install. I upgraded all the TV's that have already been deployed to 2004 and ran the install.bat but I'm confused on how to install the LAN drivers. I don't need wifi. I have also disabled windows update in the GPO. No dice, the computers are still freezing/locking up. I have to pull the power to them to get them back up. Now they are freezing in less than 24 hours. I'm at the point where I just want to swap them out with a different model. Minisforum, Please fix this problem and let me know what to do!

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @hessercan .
I think the freezing state may be related to the environment in which you put the minipc. If the environment is not ventilated or the temperature is too high, it will cause this kind of phenomenon, please put the minpc in a well-ventilated environment and work at a suitable temperature.

hessercan

You're telling me, that in a well ventilated area, in an air conditioned room, this computer can't run for long periods of time? Is there no fan in this computer? How Hot can it Run before it'll freeze?

Top Bottom