< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Clarification on the X400 of bios

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, everyone.
The BIOS of version 014 is mainly optimized for compatible 5000 series CPUs.
The BIOS of version 015 is mainly for the next-generation motherboard compatible with a single network port. At the same time, more BIOS options have been added for electronic enthusiasts.
At the same time, I also want to pay attention to the following
1. The BIOS of the shipped machine is in the best state by default, and it is not recommended to modify or adjust the settings.
2. Regarding the fan speed, it is not adjusted by BIOS. The motherboard has a chip control design for the fan speed.
3. For electronic enthusiast users who need to modify the settings, please follow the BIOS and press the keyboard "F3" to load default on the motherboard, and then modify and save (If you encounter other problems and need to restore, you can press the reset hole 30 after power off Restore settings in seconds)

JSN0

Hello, everyone.
The BIOS of version 014 is mainly optimized for compatible 5000 series CPUs.
The BIOS of version 015 is mainly for the next-generation motherboard compatible with a single network port. At the same time, more BIOS options have been added for electronic enthusiasts.
At the same time, I also want to pay attention to the following
1. The BIOS of the shipped machine is in the best state by default, and it is not recommended to modify or adjust the settings.
2. Regarding the fan speed, it is not adjusted by BIOS. The motherboard has a chip control design for the fan speed.
3. For electronic enthusiast users who need to modify the settings, please follow the BIOS and press the keyboard "F3" to load default on the motherboard, and then modify and save (If you encounter other problems and need to restore, you can press the reset hole 30 after power off Restore settings in seconds)
Hello @joey , thanks for the explanation.

Can you elaborate what do you mean by - "The BIOS of version 015 is mainly for the next-generation motherboard compatible with a single network port." What is the "next generation motherboard"? Also, we have two Ethernet ports on our PC, are you referring that after update only one port will be able to work by saying "compatible with a single network port"?

I have tested both the BIOS version 014 & 015, I have found that 014 has more Advanced Setting Options than 015. Can you please ask the Dev team to tell us the additional BIOS options that they have provide on BIOS 015?

Also, I have observed that after updating the BIOS version to 015, I am not able to flash 014. Please check this problem on your X400 PC as well and provide a solution.

@joey Please take your time, if required forward my questions to the Dev team and please answer all my questions.

Kindly cover all the points that I have highlighted above. Thank you.

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Because I'm already planning the next generation motherboard that supports 5000G APU, and this motherboard has a single Ethernet port.

After the BIOS is upgraded, it cannot be downgraded. Please update bios as needed.

JSN0

Because I'm already planning the next generation motherboard that supports 5000G APU, and this motherboard has a single Ethernet port.

After the BIOS is upgraded, it cannot be downgraded. Please update bios as needed.
@joey I can't believe what you are saying!

You are providing BIOS for a different motherboard and writing it as a BIOS update for X300 & X400.

Even it was not mentioned in the release notes. You just mentioned it as an update that supports 5000G processors for X300 & X400

I need to say that this is very careless behaviour.
Luckily still both the Ethernet ports on X400 works after the BIOS version 015 update.

Now, I feel the opinion of YouTube reviewers is somewhere correct.

@joey I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU TO REPLY TO ALL MY QUESTIONS. PLEASE READ MY EARLIER MESSAGE AGAIN.
HOPE YOU CAN ANSWER EVERYTHING OR TAKE THE HELP OF DEV TEAM TO ANSWER THEM.

JDubbedN

@joey I can't believe what you are saying!

You are providing BIOS for a different motherboard and writing it as a BIOS update for X300 & X400.

Even it was not mentioned in the release notes. You just mentioned it as an update that supports 5000G processors for X300 & X400

I need to say that this is very careless behaviour.
Luckily still both the Ethernet ports on X400 works after the BIOS version 015 update.

Now, I feel the opinion of YouTube reviewers is somewhere correct.

@joey I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU TO REPLY TO ALL MY QUESTIONS. PLEASE READ MY EARLIER MESSAGE AGAIN.
HOPE YOU CAN ANSWER EVERYTHING OR TAKE THE HELP OF DEV TEAM TO ANSWER THEM.
You made need to bullet point or number each question and color code each question differently. That or make a new post for each question. I don't get why but for some reason some people just don't get it when people ask multiple questions in a single post. It is like it eludes them or something. That or they are ignoring certain questions on purpose. Also consider that Joey is probably using google to translate everything. which could scramble sentences real easily.

daHamstah

Can you please explain what this is referring to?
Is this a way to change fan settings or is this something related to the bios? When should F3 be pressed exactly?

joey

Administrator
Staff member
Can you please explain what this is referring to?
Is this a way to change fan settings or is this something related to the bios? When should F3 be pressed exactly?
First restore the bios initialization by default, and then go to modify the options.

daHamstah

Thank you for your answer, but it is a little generic and not answering any of my questions. Please read again and answer my 3 questions.

Top Bottom