< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=177525256911397&ev=PageView&noscript=1" />

Can I upgrade N34 1809 with the windows install disk

akgay

My N34 updated itself to 1809, but then I had the dreaded no-audio problem.  None of the solutions involving loading new intel audio drivers worked, so I removed 1809, which solved my audio problem.   I've since installed V25 of the Intel graphics driver, which I am told will work with 1809 and contains a fixed audio driver.   However, now my 1803 version will not upgrade to 1809... it hangs forever at 0%.  In addition, appipsvc is corrupted and can't be started (repair didn't fix it), and admin accounts are being blocked from launching admin services (mmc.exe), (unless I open a cmd with admin priv and launch each one directly).  

I'd like to upgrade to 1809 using the USB created with the Windows Media Creation tool (MediaCreationTool1809.exe), using the option to keeps programs and files, and hope in the process it will solve the other issues.  However, before I proceed, I realize it may be a bad idea to install from the MS distribution on an N34.  I've not studied this whole world of mini devices... I just bought one and plugged it in, but I see evidence in this forum that special installers are involved.

Can someone kindly advise me how to proceed?

Thanks.

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
akgay said:
My N34 updated itself to 1809, but then I had the dreaded no-audio problem.  None of the solutions involving loading new intel audio drivers worked, so I removed 1809, which solved my audio problem.   I've since installed V25 of the Intel graphics driver, which I am told will work with 1809 and contains a fixed audio driver.   However, now my 1803 version will not upgrade to 1809... it hangs forever at 0%.  In addition, appipsvc is corrupted and can't be started (repair didn't fix it), and admin accounts are being blocked from launching admin services (mmc.exe), (unless I open a cmd with admin priv and launch each one directly).  

I'd like to upgrade to 1809 using the USB created with the Windows Media Creation tool (MediaCreationTool1809.exe), using the option to keeps programs and files, and hope in the process it will solve the other issues.  However, before I proceed, I realize it may be a bad idea to install from the MS distribution on an N34.  I've not studied this whole world of mini devices... I just bought one and plugged it in, but I see evidence in this forum that special installers are involved.

Thanks.
I have not done this, if your N34 has no important files you can try it. I can give you a new system file for you to reinstall the system if you have a problem with the test. This system is a 1803 system.

Huang

akgay

MinisForum said:
akgay said:

Thanks.
I have not done this, if your N34 has no important files you can try it. I can give you a new system file for you to reinstall the system if you have a problem with the test. This system is a 1803 system.

Huang
It may be worth the experiment.  However, I need to ask, do you do something in how you build your system loads that reduces the size of W10 on the SSD?  If that's the case, I suspect the MS load will override those provisions and potentially create a much larger footprint on the SSD.

akgay

akgay said:
MinisForum said:
akgay said:

Thanks.

Huang
It may be worth the experiment.  However, I need to ask, do you do something in how you build your system loads that reduces the size of W10 on the SSD?  If that's the case, I suspect the MS load will override those provisions and potentially create a much larger footprint on the SSD.
Waiting on answer to question " do something in how you build your system loads that reduces the size of W10 on the SSD, compared to the standard Windows installer?

MinisForum

Administrator
Staff member
akgay said:
akgay said:
MinisForum said:
akgay said:

Thanks.

Huang
Waiting on answer to question " do something in how you build your system loads that reduces the size of W10 on the SSD, compared to the standard Windows installer?
This is its system file: https://mega.nz/#!1XxD2SBY!CzgvaqhvaEwyidltmb_eIhCwOVt9jbn0I_8rOZFuV3E
Reinstall system steps:
https://youtu.be/5Xy-JU85-_Q
Http://www.mediafire.com/file/w74uyypuvbf5q7r/install_system_step.docx/file
This is how to use SSD as a system boot entry: http://www.minisforum.com/showthread.php?tid=174
I don't have a particularly good way to reduce the size of the Windows 10 system in SSD. I will periodically clean up the system disk, because every time Windows upgrades, it will generate some unnecessary garbage, which takes up space on the system disk.

Huang

Top Bottom